1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NYT] Trump Empire Built on Gifts & Tax Fraud

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Oct 2, 2018.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Nutriders don’t care. Who cares if the rich don’t pay taxes that legally they owe. Trump and others will take it out of Medicare and other social programs. Take from the poor give to the Rich.

2. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You don’t have to be smart to have people do your bidding. Or do you think he created those companies himself? My god you people really need to think.

#42 AleksandarN, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Yung-T likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That's what the coal miners boss said after massive renewable price drops. He also said 'just leave it' as storing it in fortified tunnels is cheaper than trying to sell it in the 21st century.

Nook and Senator like this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Yes and I suspect shady accounting firms with sharp financial analyst did the dirty work. Clearly he is still responsible but to act like he's some Enron financial genius deviant is ridiculous when he's lampooned for his lack of intelligence.

5. ipaman

That's exactly my point. You can't have it both ways. He's an idiot, some other very smart financial folks executed the fraud which he is responsible for if not for statue of limitations. OP and this post presents it as Trump's mastermind plot which it clearly isn't because he's not capable of something so massive and complex while getting away with it. Can't have it both ways.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He isn't a financial genius deviant. He evaided taxes and caught himself enough in a kerfuffle to resort to foreign investment banks that had Russian money laundering ties.

That isn't smart. It's just scumbaggy.

Trump has the unique combination of massive amounts of wealth inherited to him, high ambitions and stupidity.

That combination gets you Donald Trump. He is an ambitious man. He had the means from his birth to capitalize on his ambition. Unfortunately he never had the motivation to ever intellectually challenge himself.

He's also an idiot for running for president not realizing all his stupid skeletons would be uncovered.

Yung-T, Senator, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  7. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Let me get this straight. Are you saying it's not a big deal because he merely stole 10s of millions from the government and not billions?

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

If Bezos started with Trumps wealth he’d already own the sun.

Yung-T, FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  9. biina

biina Member

All that has no bearing on amazon raising their minimum wage or do you think Trump also consumes liberals with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse?

10. ipaman

it's a big deal but he's not capable of something like this according to clutchfans. but all of a sudden he is? i expect that logic from trump not from you.

11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Doesn’t take a mastermind to tell others to help him. My god man think.

12. ipaman

So now he's capable of getting good help? Because according to this place that's not true.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I can’t fight but if I paid Bones Jones to beat someone up I’d be fine.

14. Senator

Senator Member

?Of course it did, he put a lot of pressure on them and highlighted these issues amongst the public that had long complained about Amazon squeezing the bottom. I mean NIKE will still do it to indonesian workers because the market lets them, but you can't do that with legal workers in the US for the biggest, richest company ever when the most powerful man, no matter how incompetent, keeps pointing that out.

15. fchowd0311

Good help to him are lawyers like Michael Cohen.

16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Or he could have gotten the help from his fathers advisors. Think man. Who is his financial advisor ? He doesn’t have to be capable of getting good help when it was already there.

17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Who is he?? You mean Bernie Sanders

18. fchowd0311

This article was written more than a month ago.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...mind-trump-but-bernie-sanders-strikes-a-nerve

19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Americans get screwed harder by our sham immigration shitstem and offshoring than they do by the singular Donald Trump.

That being said “the Bears are who we thought they were”.

20. fchowd0311

I would say the many Donald Turmps who evade taxes cut billions into potential tax revenue while at the same time those same people take advantage of tax payer funded programs to enhance their businesses.

They also lobby to decieve people like you into believing they deserve a tax cut.