1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

NYPost: THE FBI is investigating an NBA referee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ccjj, Jul 20, 2007.

1. WNBA

WNBA Member

He looked guilty.

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Recap anyone?

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't know about "fold"...but it will be interesting to see the reaction of ticket holders around the country.

4. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I know this is a NBA scandal but this is starting to make me suspect the other leagues too. What makes the NFL, MLB, NHL... so special that they too can't be bought off, black mailed or whatever.

5. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

The way he spoke and the way he answered questions made me wonder if he wore and earpiece and if he was being fed answers. One guy asked a question and he stood there for 30 seconds and then answered.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I heard people talking about this on the radio today. The suggestion was that the NBA and college football were the sports where this was most likely to work. They had a guy who monitors sports books talking about it.

Apparently the NFL reviews EVERY CALL during the week immediately following the games. And refs actually get suspended just for making bad calls.

He said baseball is too difficult to control, other than through strike zone.

He said the nature of basketball plus the number of games (and, thus, number of calls) made it the most difficult to police for this stuff.

7. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Great observation, it did look a little George W Bush's.

8. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Agreed, it's nice knowing that Stern is squirming somewhere and he has that smug look wiped off his face. The best part is that everytime he attends the game you know somebody is going to yell "fix" or "you fixed the game" or "you're a cheater". :D

9. RocksMillenium

Yep, at the end of the day there's no championship banner hanging in their building so they can quit the whining and excuses.

10. RocksMillenium

I don't know about the ethical difference between throwing a game and gambling but I can tell you that one is illegal and the other one isn't. One can get you thrown in jail for years the other one, at worst, can cost you your job.

11. cavevato

cavevato Member

This is exactly what I've been thinking.On one hand, I think Donaghy is overexagerating everything. On the otherhand, Stern's statement "everything he says is baseless" and"Hes the only one that commited a criminal act" Now, I dont know what exactly baseless means, but I dont think it necessarily means false It sounds to me like hes choosing his words carefully.Or maybe he just talks like that because he used to be a lawyer :confused: