1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NYPost] Nash might become available

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by worzel gummidge, Nov 5, 2010.

1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I don't think Nash would make our defense any worse, I do think he would make our offense a lot better.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nash has been "too old" for a few years now, and keep playing at a high level. I'd LOVE to snag the guy!

Get Nash and trade AB for something, maybe Nash. Nash/Lowry looks damn good from where I sit.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I say Nash for Jeffries+Brooks+3million.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

the reason i would add Jhill to the trade is because i think that'll close the deal for Houston...i'm not sure a deal revolving around brooks + expirings/fillers gets it done because i think someone else would be willing to give them a solid big in a deal, which they desperately need. Warrick was their "big" pick up and i dont think he's even starting.

5. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

If this were the case, why do the Suns suck :rolleyes:

6. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

Damn, Nash and Stoudemire in NY?

7. worzel gummidge

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Why would we give up Brooks AND Hill for a 35 plus Steve Nash. If you think our defense is bad now, just imagine every point guard in the league blowing pass Nash. We dont need more offense. We need a shotblocking big who will rebound and run the court. I'd pass on Nash

9. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

I thought Nash would make any team an instead contender :rolleyes:

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i am not saying Steve Nash is a good defender but go ahead and look it up, Nash has always been one of the league leaders in charges drawn

i mean at least its one aspect of defense he "plays" well

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

And every point guard in the league doesnt blow by brooks? :rolleyes:

Arguing that nash is a bad defender is not the way to go here. Hill, hasnt established himself as a consistent shot blocker. He may turn out to be one or not, who knows. Like i said, it's to make sure we get the deal for nash, If it's not necessary or they're willing to settle for a pick, ish, or something minor, then there's no reason to give them Jhill. Morey will always start low anyway. That being said, let's face it, PP could still turn out to be the better young PF out of the two.

12. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Why would Nash want to come to Houston? If the Suns trade him it'll be out of respect, so he can finish his career with a contender. At the moment that is not the Rockets. The Rockets need to fix their current problems before they look to add pieces to make a run.

13. Gertso

Gertso Member

Turkey Glue

14. Raven

Raven Member

Nash first, Carmelo second. Would the Rox have the assets to get both w/o gutting the roster?

15. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I watch nearly all of Suns games If my Rockets aren't playing and Nash is amazing. The guy's ability to control the games tempo and set up his teammates is incredible. I mean the team they have now post Staudemire is pretty much scrubs besides J Rich and Hill. Nash still manages to run this team effectively let it be running or half court. Most of the time, the Suns are just shooting wide open shots and raining wide open threes because of him. It's like he is doing all the moving and picking his spots while his teamates just wait for him to set them up wide open. His passing is on point and the guy he dishes to has a very fluid motion to convert the play. He's like a quarterback. Then you really cant sag off of him as a defender too because he is a really good 3pt shooter or has that automatic fallaway jumper from 15ft. His FT is automatic and he is clutch fourth quater. I can see him making guys like C-Bud, Martin and Hill really shine, especially C-Bud. A pick and roll he can set up with Scola would be money. Pretty much the whole team would get better lol Nash for Brooks! Yeah I said it.

16. darmor90

darmor90 Member

Did anybody forget last year's playoffs? Along with Kobe and Rondo, Nash was one of the best performers.

17. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

There is one other superstar, not currently on this team, that is going to be available.....

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Yao for Nash and Lopez. Nash is the best player in this deal, but the Suns will get a billion chinese fans.

Nash
    Martin
    Battier
    Scola
    Lopez

Nash and Luis will be a deadly pick and roll combo. Plus Martin would have a monster season with Nash. Suns would refuse this deal, but it would be fantastic

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

:confused: you mean as a FA? Can't think of one that'll be a FA that soon, not a superstar anyway...

20. albuster

albuster Member

Please Mr. Morey, get Nash soonest.