1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NYK Blogger] Rockets are a joke + real Carmelo suitors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CheezeyBoy22, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

hope we keep the knicks picks this year. every loss this season for the knicks i can send him a nice message or two the next day reminding him about the tmac trade.

(you can keep carmelo)

2. cglede

cglede Contributing Member

you never know it could be the opposite he wants. Sometimes these ball players want the smaller media markets to get out of the lime light.....

Could be the case....

Only bad thing about it is if he doesnt get a extension his time here will be short lived. Hate to bring up baseball in this but.... Carlos Beltran..... Remember

3. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Now's the media's age. Any team not up to it will be left behind by time. I'm glad the Rockets were one of the first ones to take advantage of it.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Just posted my essay response! :D

1 person likes this.
  5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Gut feeling is no though I want it to be yes. I am not sure why really I guess over the past few years of bad luck I am just used to it?

My guess will be that Melo will be available to the Rockets but what Denver wants back will be too high of a price for Houston. Much like the #4 pick was made available to Houston but the cost was way too high (i dont know specifics just was told the price was really high)

Especially if NJ decides that it would part with either Favors or Lopez their trade package is automatically the most attractive to the Nuggets.

I am just gonna be a bit reserved on this one, but make no mistake I would want a star of Melo's caliber on this team, there aren't too many of those around so if one is made available you go for it. The league is built on its stars and you need stars to win.

6. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Nicelly done! repped!!

7. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure his wife isn't going to act, period. She's a freaking former VJ who's aging by the day, it's not like she's got some fabulous career going for her. Her biggest "film" role was in "You Got Served," a movie that came out six years ago that no one saw. Not a single film credit since. Carmelo is the money-maker in the family, not his "actress" wife.

8. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Knicks media probably got fed up because every time there is a big free agent, the Rockets are screwing them up and they don't like that...and the blogger is just one example of it...haha. They said Morey doesn't know talents?? Now that's a joke.

9. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Much thanks!

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Looks like he is waving the white flag on Twitter:

11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Um.. WTF? This is just some random guy. Literally NONE of his other blog posts have any feedback.

Seriously, it's just some guy.

12. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

Sound like another NYC blogger grasping for something

13. shoodomoney

shoodomoney Member

Wow, you ripped him a new one. I was going to post a response as well, but you pretty much covered all bases. Nice work!

14. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Why would the Nets give up there "future stars" for Melo? I don't think Melo would like the idea that he gets traded for Lopez and/or Favors. Without them, the Nets aren't attractive anymore for Melo, I guess. I mean Lopez is pretty much the face of their franchise and is, IMO, untouchable ...
    Overall, I agree with your post: a package with Lopez/Favors is probably more attractive for Denver. But Bud, Hill, Brooks is a pretty damn good package also, IMO ... :grin:

15. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you on this. I think the realistic shot Houston has is Melo stating clearly that the only team he wants to play for is Houston. My concern is Denver will clearly want more from Houston since we're in the West. I think we have assets to acquire him but I think Martin will have to be involved for them to work something for Houston.

I still think NJ has the best to offer but I just can't see them giving either Favors or Lopez. They'll have Troy Murphy if they decide to move Favors but I have to believe NJ wants to build for the future. NJ can also help get Denver under the cap as well. Denver has no need in Harris.

I'm hoping that we can land Melo. I like our team as is but I do realize it's a star league. I think Morey knows he must also cash in as well. Either through a big trade or something minor this team will look different come February.

16. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Ah, the power of Clutchfans is great. Post up some nonsense blog post by a random idiot, and a hundred people rush to the blog for a verbal beatdown.

I'm not saying it's bad, just highly amusing. The poor guy's probably like :eek: .

17. chenjy9

Supporting Member

If he can't take the shots (regardless of high or low ones), then he has no business in being in the sports writing business. Though, if this is what he is putting up, he has no business being there in the first place.

18. chenjy9

Supporting Member

LOL Thanks!

19. blunto

blunto Member

This shot cracks me up every time.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Favors is still pretty raw and has a lot of potential he could very well be a future star but he also could be the next Stromile Swift (who was also selected at #2 or #3 and who had the same freakish athleticism), but you're talking about a proven star and franchise player right now not something as potential.

Lopez has proven to be a legit center and is only getting better I can easily see him being a top 3 center in the league as Yao fades, heck he very well could be now. I dont think the Nets would give up Lopez actually I do think they would give up Favors or Harris.

I mean they had one of the worst seasons ever but if they somehow turn that season into getting Carmelo Anthony I think the fans there will be ok with it.

And whatever package Morey puts together will be nice no doubt but it wont have the same level of 'star' power and potential as a Favors deal would have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.