1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NYDailyNews]Peyton Manning’s squeaky-clean image was built on lies

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by juicystream, Feb 13, 2016.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Because they settled out of court...?

Lots of enormous turds don't end up getting convicted of crimes, FYI.

Not sure why you're so worked up about it.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree the report is very one sided but it does seem like it is a fact that there was a settlement and confidentiality agreement between the Mannings and Naughton. If something didn't happen it seems odd that the Mannings would've settled and also agreed to a confidentiality agreement that bound both parties. If the Mannings have broken that agreement in Peyton's book I think that is pretty low of them to do so.

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'd consider that more than likely.

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm WAY more interested to learn what happened a couple years before the Butthole-gate incident.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Wonder if he gets black balled like Clemens and bonds.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

All the white-people haters are hoping for this, but there's no chance of it happening.

It's weird, my facebook feed has black people and indian people all hyping up these articles from Shaun King (very biased) about Manning. Just lol. Jelly

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Unlikely.gif

9. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Lmao!

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I have no idea what he did or did not do. But I wouldn't let a confidentiality clause in a settlement agreement carry much weight. Those are extremely common in settlement agreements, even for mundane events.

11. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

It is entirely possible that Peyton Manning, Shaun King, Jamie Naughton, and bigtexxx are all giant turds.

13. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Yeah just as I suspected King is a douchbag and she's a skank. If you're going to portray the Mannings as scumbags ya better have your **** together and not be the scumbags that you are accusing others of being.

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The fact that she made 33 claims wouldn't be surprising given the information she gave regarding what was going on at the University of Tennessee.

16. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

dont know if this was already mentioned before, but Shaun King is an attention w****.

17. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Yeah, that wasn't too much of a red flag to me considering she was one of the first females in her type of role there and it was over a 6 year span. Odds are a lot of different women would be experiencing harassment in that scenario. But that document Shaun King had went out of its way to try and prove she is always very professional and never uses obscenities. She very clearly is as vulgar as everyone said she was and she clearly is weirdly focused on other people's sexuality (wanting Peyton to admit he likes dick, calling out other women on Facebook as lesbians). It absolutely makes everything else in that document, that was a court recorded quote, highly questionable.

My guess is Peyton was probably still a douchebag and did something stupid, but likely not what she claims and probably nowhere near as malicious.

18. likestohypeguy

Wait, so s. King knew those conversations were being recorded, & just didn't think his editor would get a hold of them, or was this the plan all along? Either way, seems like he shouldn't have a job there any more, no? Or wtf is going on here?

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There was teammate who corroborates what that trainer said.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Not hard to find one teammate to corroborate a story like that if he isn't particularly fond of Peyton.