1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[NYDailyNews]Peyton Manning’s squeaky-clean image was built on lies

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by juicystream, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Nook

Nook Member

What have we learned?

The Manning's don't like white girls getting plowed by black guys.

Peyton doesn't mind throwing teammates under the bus.

Peyton had a trainer called c&$t bumper.

Peyton is a terrible person that rubbed his bald chicken and butt crack on a woman.

Peyton's wife is either a female body builder or Manning is a cheater .... Either way if you believe Peyton he doesn't know why his wife is getting growth hormones.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

FWIW I didn't know about this. I was 8 in 1995 so I didn't keep up with the latest sexual abuse scandals at the time.

Yes it appears the author is obviously trying really hard to make a name for himself with this, but it doesn't mean it's not worth writing about.

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Christ dude.

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

HGH is commonly taken by non-athletes. They're not steroids.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I hope noodle arm retires for sure after this.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

7. conquistador#11

Omaha omaha, how do I audible out of this thread?
    immature white kid from Tenn. of course he did it and thought it was funny, but it could be he also matured by 25. Definitely an agenda by the reporter by reporting something that was already out there for a decade plus.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Open your ****ing eyes.

9. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The reporter stated his agenda pretty clearly. He is motivated by the fact this doesn't stick to Peyton while others' transgressions can't be shaken off. He even posits it may have to do with Peyton's transgressions happening before social media was a thing.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I was just told by a current ESPN anchor that all ESPN employees were told not to report or discuss the Daily News story on Peyton Manning.</p>&mdash; Dennis and Callahan (@DandCShow) <a href="https://twitter.com/DandCShow/status/698853474893754368">February 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Yeah it might have been immature what he did. However what about all the adults who tried to cover it up? It sounds like he tried to get that lady blackballed which happened after he was in the NFL.

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yeah that's the thing that disgusts me after everything had already been swept under the rug he wants to bring it back up and drag the lady's name through the mud and basically ruin another job for her.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I admit to being a Manning fan but reading through this it is troubling and unfortunately not surprising. Before I condemn Peyton let's keep in mind that this is a very one sided and selective report from someone who admits they have an axe to grind against him. It would be good to at least hear what counter evidence Manning has.

That said I can fully believe Peyton did many of the things described. I've been around enough collegiate athletes, really just college age males, to have seen things like this happen. What is more troubling is the coverup. While if this had been public knowledge it would've been damaging to Peyton a lot of this could've been handled with public contrition on his part and with a private settlement with Naughton, that part at least sounds like that happened. It seems like a very big mistake for the Mannings to dredge this up later in their book that just let it lie.

The main point I see though is that we never should consider sports heroes to be perfect people.

14. MystikArkitect

What if this was Jameis or Cam? Serious question because the amount of sway this guy appears to have over at the four letter is nuts.

15. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is what I most dislike about the whole thing. Peyton was a jackals with the teabagging/sexual assault, but to not let it go and use his fame to bury her career, after having "grown up", is even more reprehensible.

16. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

17. Nook

Nook Member

HGH makes a massive difference for athletes.... In fact many athletes had moved on from steroids after getting better results from human growth hormone. Unless his wife has a serious illness there is no reason for her to be getting prescriptions filled out of state for it. The idea that he doesn't know why his wife would be getting human growth hormone is absurd. There are side effects.

It doesn't matter because cheating is rampant in the NFL. All the Steelers dynasty teams were abusing steroids. That last Ravens team that won the title with Ray Lewis retiring had players caught cheating. It is why I rolled my eyes at deflate gate. Hell you have the greatest football player ever saying he used stick-em and said it was the norm.

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Manning has always seemed like a piece of ****.

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Shaun King has no credibility - he's a race hustler who is pissed that Cam Newton got negative publicity for acting like a sore loser after the Super Bowl.

So he dug up this 20+ year old story.

What it's done is brought out of the woodwork all the white-haters out there, which has been a sorry event to see. Lots of jealousy hiding in the shadows.