1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[nydailynews] Darth Vader Robs Bank

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CrazyDave, Jul 23, 2010.

1. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Member

I find your lack of twenties.... disturbing

-mjm1124 comment

A lot of robbers use force. This one used the Force.

A bandit decked out in a Darth Vader costume strolled into a Long Island bank yesterday - and walked out with a wad of cash.

The villain looked ready for Halloween, wearing the "Star Wars" scoundrel's signature mask and sweeping black cape.

He lost some authenticity points for a pair of camouflage pants.

The get-up struck one customer as so funny that he started joshing with the Darth Robber after he strode into the Chase bank in Setauket.

"The customer thought it might have been a joke, and not a serious attempt at a robbery," said Suffolk County police Detective Sgt. William Lamb.

But Darth wasn't kidding - and he wasn't going to be stopped by a non-Jedi Knight.

He won a "shoving match" against the incredulous customer before using his piece to order him to the floor, Lamb said.

And his weapon was no joke. He was carrying a pistol instead of a lightsaber.

Cops released a surveillance camera image yesterday showing Darth at the teller counter, loading bills into a bag, while the customer cowers on the floor.

The fake Darth made a quick-footed getaway, and the bank was still checking its drawers late yesterday to figure out how large his take was, Lamb said.

It was the second recent off-the-wall bank robbery. On Wednesday, NYPD cops arrested a man dubbed the "Bouquet Bandit," saying he brought flowers and potted plants into banks he robbed.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...er_hes_wielding_at_li_bank.html#ixzz0uXUQOA2f

Funny... maybe too much so.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

"Put the money in the bag... IT IS YOUR DESTINY."

"If you don't give me access to the safe... someone else will... maybe... YOUR... SISTERRRRR..."

:grin:

1 person likes this.
  3. bladeage

bladeage Member

I'm gonna dress like Yoda and rob a bank.

Give me your money, you will. Break yo' self, you betta.

4. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

I'm going to rob a bank dressed as Anikan circa 'Attack of the Clones'.

"I deserve the money! Kenobi just doesn't understand!"

5. DontTradeOswalt

If your gonna rob a bank, you might as well have fun with it :grin: hmmm ima go rob Chase dressed as Chewbacca

6. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

I'm gonna dress like DD and rob a bank, I'm gonna ask for all the money in Euro's in honor of DD

7. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Member

8. Asian Sensation

He won a "shoving match" against the incredulous customer before using his piece to order him to the floor, Lamb said.

LOL @ detective Lamb. Surprised he didn't say heater, gat, or burner.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This is funny. And it's a good disguise. But one can see that the guy is white. And if he was 7'0 tall, the camouflage shorts actually give it away!

I have identified the suspect.

[​IMG]