1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Times] N.B.A. in India, in Search of Fans and Players

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TreeRollins, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

I wasn't insulted but I was offended for being called a racist when in reality he was the racist. Anyways if your trying visit Iran go there in the spring. Also visit Isfahan a historic city and shomal for the parties and beautiful women.

2. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

I don't know about that. They have the best batsman in the world (Tandulker) and i think they're ranked #1 iat the moment in Cricket by the official cricketing body, whatever it is called.

To the Aussie cricket fans out there, how gutted are you at our humiliating defeat to England in the Ashes. OUCH!

3. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I know next to nothing about cricket.

Who has historically had a better cricket team - India or Pakistan?

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

India won the cup in 82. Pakistan in 92. Both have been historically good, but don't know if one can be considered better then the other. Then again, I'm not an avid watcher.

Love World Cup cricket. 2007 World Cup Cricket was in Barbados. Me and my family have a nice villa booked, flight booked and about $3000 in tickets to watch various Indian and some Pakistani matches.

First time in history both the POS teams fail to even make the Super Sixes. Tried to sell the tickets, but nobody wanted to watch Canada or Netherlands. Tried to give the tickets away for free and nobody wanted em.

Ripped up litteraly $3000 worth of tickets. :mad: :(

5. R0ckets03

How many World Cups has he won?

Next year will be his last chance right? World Cup in India! Might go to check out a few matches.

Might book me one of those nice looking huts in the slums the idiots in this thread posted. No fine dining or water available, but I'll try to wing it.

6. s land balla

If they give me a tourist visa by then, I might go too. :)

7. srupselur21

srupselur21 Rookie

Is it just me or you're one of those who love to flaunt your money, talk about your trips, booked villas, wearing diamonds, driving bmw's , $50 niteclub cover, flying 1st class, participating in who wants to me a Billionaire in Rupees , making more movies than Hollywood that only people from your country can watch, making music videos with women singing with one very High Pitch Voice while making lateral movements of their heads....................

Enough already dude,,we get it Your family has money, you are all doctors .. Enough with cricket and villas...

I call BS to ripping $3000 worth of tickets ,, BS

8. s land balla

:eek: :eek: :eek:

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No way. It's more like $10-$20. If it's that much..they give you drink vouchers which makes up for it.

10. R0ckets03

lol...this one should be too easy.

How am I flaunting money?

Villa was to be shared between 10 people for a week. Wasn't that expensive actually. $300 per person for the whole week.

I hate jewelery and my wife is allergic to metal so we don't really own any.

Drive a ten year old camry, no beamer for me.

If you had any reading comprehension skills you would see that I said my friend covered me. He is rich, not me.

Do fly first class occasionally but that is cause I have a gazillion miles (not too be confused with rupees or dollars).

I wish I was on Who wants to be Billionaire in Rupees. 1,000,000,000/50 (value of Rupee:Dollar) = $20,000,000.

I personally think most of the Bollywood movies suck ass, but okay.

You seem to know quite a bit about making high pitched voices while moving your head latterly.

Not one doctor, engineer or lawyer in my family.

Sorry I talked about my trip to India....in a mother ****ing thread relating to India.

Also sorry you got your panties in a bunch.

11. R0ckets03

My apologies if I conveyed that they were all $50. Of course not. You are right $10-$20 for most. We had gone out two nights and I remember on both nights we saw a couple of clubs charging $50 cover. One did have a private party for Preity Zinta though.

12. srupselur21

srupselur21 Rookie

Hey, got your attention didn't it ?? Stern wants the NBA in India and you and your friends turned the thread into this whole lavish/poverty spectrum in India, then it became a Cricket thread and rich trips to barbados.... I still call BS ripping $3000 worth tickets off .. Enough Already ...

13. R0ckets03

I'm sorry, is somebody holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read this thread? :confused:

So let me get this straight?

I have $3000 worth of tickets to watch India. India didn't make it, instead I think it was Canada and Netherlands facing off. You want us to go ahead and spend another $3000 on the villa, plus flight and other expenses and be bored?

14. srupselur21

srupselur21 Rookie

15. R0ckets03

Yeah..and I'm the one thats mad. LOL.

Trust me buddy, I'm fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.