1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Times] N.B.A. in India, in Search of Fans and Players

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TreeRollins, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

"i slept with my mom" / "I am pregant with my father" / "I have 20 kids with 20 guys and claim welfare" / "I am going to shoot up my whole school because my parents are too rich and ignore me". Typical USA headlines rest of the world finds Hollarious.

2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I was in Chennai a couple of weeks ago (I'm also Tamil as well) but I'm going back to the US as well.

As for basketball in India people do follow it to some extent but its definitely limited to the wealthy. Also it lags tremendously behind English premier league soccer in terms of coverage. Theres tons of potential for it in terms of tv coverage but it will require a lot of grassroots efforts by the NBA.

3. dback816

dback816 Member

Why am I seeing the word "cracker" being thrown around in this thread so casually....

Wang was a decent player and developing pretty well under Don Nelson, he screwed up his own chances by not reporting to the Chinese national team though and the Mavs had to let him go since they didn't want to ruin their broadcast chances in China.

4. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Seriously, your whole culture is a joke and you make fun of Americans.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

^

u makin fun of amerikans mother ****er!?!?!?!

[​IMG]

6. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

I'm not white, I just like this country.

But seriously

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/asqc0Emsez0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/asqc0Emsez0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#86 GlenRice, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  7. htown11

htown11 Member

JCDenton is just being a douche bag in this thread so he can get some attention.

Don't make it sound so eloquent "disagrees with you beliefs".... he's posting pictures of slums as if poverty here in the United States isn't prevalent....stupid way to relate India to fine dining and basketball.

This thread is stupid, and makes clutchfans look completely classless get rid of it.

8. R0ckets03

You may not be "whit", but you sure is ignorant.

But seriously:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oOfqn1SOahk" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Does that represent American culture to you?

Do you realize how ignorant you look? No culture is perfect, because such a thing does not exist. Every country in the world has some dumbasses. Not just India. And you are obvious proof of it in good ole USA.

Have you even stepped out of TX?

9. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

I'm Ignorant? Take look at your and your hometown buddies posts in this thread. You have pictures of whites drinking beer and smoking cigarettes with a American flag behind them. Your calling us rednecks? Then bunch of other idiots calling us crackers, obese and uneducated. It just shows you guy's true color. I didn't come at india until you came at America.

10. no.3 for no.1

no.3 for no.1 Member

I swear, If I see any of these racists **** in the streets :mad:

11. R0ckets03

LOL. I consider myself American first and then Indian, but whatever.

So you are allowed to poke fun at other cultures and countries, yet nobody is allowed to make fun of US?

You can say stuff like I've been ripped off by plenty of "Muslims" or India is a "third world country" or post one stupid video of an Indian wedding, but take offense to me posting a pic of a dude drinking beer with an American flag? mmmm...okay.

Yeah you are not ignorant at all.

I hope nobody mistakes you as representing Americans. I love the freakin US and its the best country in the world, but I don't need to insult other countries and cultures to make myself feel superior.

Again, have you ever stepped out of TX? Just curious.

1 person likes this.
  12. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I have been ripped off by muslims thats a fact but I didn't say all muslims are douchebags only the ones that ripped me off . From what I read and what I seen Poverty is in India so thats also a fact. So in conclusion I stated facts but you stated insults. I'm also not even from Texas.

But tell me this who started the insults me or you guys.

#92 GlenRice, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  13. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

$50 cover for a club?!

Is it just a bunch of Bollywood tastemakers who get in for free, and then regular people who want to pay to be cool?

14. R0ckets03

Who are you even referring to when you say "you guys"?

Now I'm just genuinely sorry. Sorry you don't even realize how ignorant you are.

15. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Wow you got thick skull, why don't you just apologies for making inappropriate comments or at least answer my question.

16. R0ckets03

Yes sir.

Was visiting Bombay in 2004 I think. Went out with a friend and this is what I learned:

1. Lots and lots of horny girls in Bombay
    2. Lots and lots of hotties!
    3. Bombay is definitely the Indian version of LA. Lots of movie stars, etc. everywhere.
    4. I stood out like a sore thumb, cause I was bigger then 95% of the guys. And I'm only 5'9 175 lbs. And my supposed American accent didn't help either. But thats okay, girls loved it.
    5. Some of the clubs we went to were charging $50 cover. My friend owns a hotel and was on all the VIP lists, so we didn't have any problems.
    6. The clubs and bars were definitely on par with what you see in Vegas. Freakin awesome looking from inside.

17. R0ckets03

When I see the "you guys" I'll ask them to answer your ignorant question.

18. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

HAHAHA, nice way to change up the conversation. C'mon please answer my question. Who started the insults me or you guys.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

i didnt insult you but the bottom line is that you're trying to clown on a place that you've never visited.

im mixed. iraqi, irani, and indian. if i had to choose in between these 3 to permanently live..its bombay, india and it's not even close.

20. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I heard Tehran is actually a really nice city.

I'd love to visit there somehow. Since my parents are originally from Pakistan, maybe I'll apply for a dual citizenship and get a Pakistani passport. :grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.