1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Times] N.B.A. in India, in Search of Fans and Players

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TreeRollins, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

If God is handing out blessings, I hope it is to the whole ****ing world.

2. R0ckets03

Nice observation.

Corruption on all levels is definitely a HUGE problem in India.

Is India a perfect country? Not even remotely.

But that does not mean its not a good place to visit or live. Does not mean that it has no positive values whatsoever.

3. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Great post . summed up very well.

Lots of people outside India assume that India is one huge slum after watching slumdog millionaire. That is not true at all.

@geeimsobored where are you in India right now (If you don't mind me asking). I am a resident of Chennai. Would love to meet a fellow CF if you pass by this city :)

4. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

The politicians in India are predominantly uneducated or "educated" thugs. what else can we expect?

and this biggest democracy picture we paint is so false. It is mostly dynastic rule here-- right from the central government to the state governments. Families rule and swindle the country.

5. R0ckets03

I think some people are definitely judging India based solely on what they see on Discovery Channel and now you are right - Slumdog Millionaire.

There is a lot more to India then that. The link posted above of the Ganges river is mind numbing. Might be the single most horrible thing I have ever seen online. :( But it would be a little bit like showing pics of Fifth Ward or the ghetto parts of Bronx and judging the entire US based on those pics.

6. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IUH3JQjcweM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IUH3JQjcweM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

7. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Exactly. only the stuff that generates that "shock" value gets popular. ONE of the reasons Slumdog Millionaire succeeded because it had those "what the hell!" slum scenes. but ask around here and not one person would find such scenes new/surprising/shocking. It is what it is in those slums in bombay.

8. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Sounds like you just described several countries in Africa.

9. R0ckets03

I'm sure that describes a lot of countries throughout the world.

I just don't care for the holier than thou attitudes of some idiots in this thread.

10. htown11

htown11 Member

Thread....

11. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

"Fine" dining indeed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Indian culture is very much known for being lethargic towards sport. Indians love Cricket, and really dont' care about any other sport.

On paper iit sounds like a good idea because of the growing Indian country, but if you bother to actually do the research on Indian culture itself, this is one of the largest WASTE OF RESOURCES and is not worth developing.

13. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

why am I not surprised you would pick the poorest places in a certain country and try to make your point ?

It is like taking the worst areas in America and showing it to the world .......

14. SunsRocketsfan

its a bit different with the cities in China vs India. If a westerner goes to Shanghai or Hong Kong they will think China is amazing and has cities more advanced than here in the US. What you dont see is the poor rural areas. With India it's a bit different. The poor and the rich all mix into one big city so some parts of the cities are just slums hence the western perception that India is pretty slummy..

15. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

If you look at the image locations , JC Denton purposefully googled " poorest places in india " or something like "poverty in India "

16. Bigmarky

Bigmarky Member

go look up who invented usb or alot of the other things u use crackers

u can dog indians but its 1000x easier to dog americans
    just walk into walmart

is it me or all of u are that obese?

more stereotypes. please...its just ez to judge any color/race/land

17. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

India :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

I highly doubt JCDenton has even stepped out of the Dallas Metroplex area ..........

19. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

This thread's point was lost so long ago , it needs to be moved to D & D or removed completely !!!

20. R0ckets03

Indians should be embarrassed when it comes to sports. They treat cricket like religion, yet have not won the World Cup since 1982!

They SUCK in every other sport possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.