1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY TIMES] I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Sep 5, 2018.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Tariffs are damaging the Republican?

We're in the midst of the longest bull market in history. We aren't in any stupid war.

What bug picture damage other than the 24 hour news cycle making a crisis out of stupid small personal stuff has he caused?

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Trump could have started WWI because WWI started like that.

If we killed Assad who would back him, Russia the same country you complaining abour loving us?

Thats how over the top and ridiculous your piswe is

3. foh

foh Member

You have been on my ignore list for a while as someone who can't be engaged in an open and fair debate. You are not really worth anyone's time on a discussion forum imho. No offense. Have a great day.

AleksandarN likes this.
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wasn't that like 2 years ago? So you were critical of trump 2 years ago and since then have primarily defended him. Nice.

AleksandarN likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

Trump starting a major war involving nukes to take out the liberals who are concentrated in cities would be one way for him to cement power in the midterms.

If Trump could get Putin to nuke NYC, LA, Chicago, Miami, Cleveland, Philadelphia, and San Fran and he'd have an easy path to victory in 2020.

I mean, 7 cities to win 6 states and secure nearly a 150 electoral votes is powerful. Putin could say sorry and Trump could forgive him and all would be well.

6. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Trump was right during the campaign when he said the stock market and unemployment numbers are representative of the struggles of large parts of the working class. Tariffs will wipe out whatever small gains working folks were seeing from the tax cuts even if it's not obvious like the financial crash.

But you're right that as long as the stock market keeps chugging along and we don't start a war there is a limit to how much damage the GOP can suffer.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Everytime I read "I Am a Part of the Resistance" by anonymous staffer, I think of the following clip, and I do mean every single time.

Deckard, No Worries, leroy and 3 others like this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

Why does that matter? What about integrity? Ethics? Strength?

Is giving up on integrity and ethics necessary for a strong economy?

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Im talking about Trump isn't so bas he is a danger. We will get past it. But hs hasn't been destructive.

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

That's a good post and you are absolutely right. In the real world. I guess spending so much time here where most peoples' positions have calcified into dogma has jaded me. Good luck.

jcf likes this.
  11. leroy

leroy Member

[​IMG]

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've been critical of him continually, but again, people like you are so unhinged that it seems like I'm "defending him" by pointing out that your ridiculousness is absurd. If not for your pathological condition, things would go much different.

Svpernaut likes this.
  13. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

or block them fo that matter

14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Member

I just don’t know how I’ll be able to live if Trump has Assad assassinated. Freedom is under attack.

15. Commodore

Commodore Member

what kind of God complex must one have to think they can run think can rightfully run the country unelected and anonymous

Cohete Rojo likes this.
  16. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

Would you let your toddler drive a car? No, you let them sit in your lap and pretend.

Deckard and No Worries like this.
  17. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Member

Our nation was founded by men whose writings under pseudonyms kickstarted the revolution, and this country.

- The Federalist Papers were written by Madison, Hamilton and Jay under a pseudonym
    - Thomas Paine published Common Sense anonymously
    - Franklin wrote the Mrs. Silence Dogwood letters

In fact many, many pseudonyms were used during the American Constitutional debates throughout American press (list). The fact that it is anonymous should be the least of our concerns from this OpEd.

JumpMan, Deckard and No Worries like this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If you love your family, your father is not mentally right, and you can actually do something to reduce the harm, do you do that because of a god complex or love for your family?

I’m not saying the anonymous is that, but you can’t see that possibility is a huge blind spot.

The much bigger issue here is the father.

19. No Worries

No Worries Member

Are you of draftable age?

20. Commodore

Commodore Member

as I said, God complex (I'm the parent, I know better)