1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

NY Times: Francis slams JVG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Faos, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Xenogears

Xenogears Member

Too late. I already looked.:eek: Houston will soon pass them.:D

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Little Napaleon Van Dummy will never make comparisons between TMAC and Stevie because there is no comparison. TMac is clearly MVP material and for Jeff Van r****d to admit that would be an ommission that this team's sucky start is all on him and he sucks at getting the most out of his players. Jeffie Poo will never admit that TMAC is better because then he wouldn't be able to take all the credit for any success the Rockets may have.

3. munco

munco Member

You guys are real quick to jump down Francis' statement, but my first reaction was I wonder if it's true. In his stint with Houston so far, I don't know if JVG has really rubbed any of the players the right way.

I don't if what Francis said is true, but it is possible that it is true and that others feel the same way.

4. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I can remember one guy who wasn't too crazy about Rudy:

Thomas "Two Sandwiches" Hamilton

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Rich Lord did say they would ask JVG about the quote during the JVG Show Tuesday at 4pm. We'll see if he actually does bring it up.

6. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

LMAO!!!!!!!

:)

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I'm so happy he's GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

i was under the impression that round mound tried to steer the guys in a way, but they were too pigheaded to listen..

thats what the chuckster said.

9. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

I'm not even going to read the rest of the thread. You stated my opinion perfectly.

10. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

eh... people complain all the time. think shaun "backstab" alexander. i mean it happens. we shouldn't be so surprised.

11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

LOL. That's the same reason Francis didn't listen to Rudy or JVG. Too hard!

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

uh oh, here come the undocumented rumors of Francis not listening to Rudy.

As far as Francis not listening to JVG, how do you explain the decrease in his scoring and the sudden increase as soon as he leaves Houston?

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Wait, this can't be true, all of Van Gundy's ex-players are supposedly 'fiercely loyal' to him.

Gundy embarasses/berates his players in public constantly - he deserves the same treatment.

14. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

SF3 scouting report....if he dribbles left, he is going to pull it up and shoot the fade away. If he dribbles right, he is going to drive.

Maybe teams in the West just figured him out :confused:

15. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

1 vote for Steve Francis' nickname to be changed to "Leon".

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

yap yap yap

it's all talk. shut up and win, already.

17. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I love the Rox but F#&$ Van Grumpy...I hate his attitude and everyone buying into it as great because "he tells it like it is". Francis "told it like it was" and gets slammed. Freaking Hypocrites. He was asked a question by a reporter and answered it truthfully as Van grumpy does but b/c he is a coach it's ok? F#&$ that!

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i don't see van grumpy calling out ex players in the media. i don't see that happening.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

just after the last loss to the Bucks, JVG said last year's team didn't play intelligently.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It is never good to bash former coaches/players no matter how true it is. People here are not saying that Francis' comment wasn't true. They are saying that him making those comment is a classless act.

Fans are entitled to bash or root for anyone they want. Fans pay for the games. Players and coaches are paid to perform for the fans. Big difference.