1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Post] Wade sees LeBron as future teammate

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Spacemoth, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Does this change anything? Clearly Wade and Lebron are spinning their free agencies by saying that money is not everything. Will they really take lesser contracts to play together? And more importantly, does this mean anything about the Rockets' chances, since it's generally agreed that our organization is top notch when it comes to finding cheap role players, and that we just need the superstars? Just speculatin.

(Disclaimer: Peter Vecsey wrote this. That means take it with a grain of salt. Nevertheless, the quotes from Wade HAVE to be true. Right?)

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/me_and_lebron_Fq5z1fqsJI0NxEGm3JTn0J/1

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

You know where this is going.....
    Kobe, Lebron, Wade = winners, off-the-cuff and candid.
    McGrady = loser, big mouth (and he is, just saying...)

And of course Peter Vecsey putting in as an absolute "Wade can't play with stars". I'm sure it wasnt that definite, I think.

3. worzel gummidge

They're saying to their current teams, "We want better players around us, but don't ask us to take less money for those players"

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

..................the money is in Houston.........................

and the chance to dominate the ball from the perimeter with plenty of shooters and a huge Chinese center to throw the ball to............................

5. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Hopeless NY media.

LeBron and Wade are not going anywhere.

Bosh may join Wade in Miami.

The best player they are going to get is either Joe Johnson or Amar'e Stoudemire.

6. halfling131

halfling131 Member

Is wade smart enough to use the word "operative" correctly? :D.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Everyone point and laugh at Dwyane!

8. maw7079

maw7079 Member

Why wouldn't he be smart enough?

9. ashiin

ashiin Member

Sign both of them for minimum contracts GO!

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Regardless, if this is a rumor or not, those two on the same team would be a killer combo. It works so well, because both players are very unselfish, yet well-skilled in almost every area of the game. I mean that team would be scary good. Speechless...

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would be interested in seeing them playing together. It could work because of their unselfishness and passing,but both of them like to drive into the paint a lot,so it might be difficult for them to adapt to each other in the beginning.

12. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Seems like it's the only way it's going to happen...

13. ashiin

ashiin Member

We can only dream... Then we can sign Chris Bosh and trade for Chris Paul and our lives will be complete.

Paul
    Wade
    James
    Bosh
    Yao

Certainly do-able, DM will jedi mind-trick everyone to pull that off, but die in the process and be hailed as a hero for life.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think if we add Paul, Wade and James, then I will just be satisfied with our rotation of Scola/Landry at power forward. :grin:

15. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Note to Wade and Lebron, the money is in Rox. Whatever you did not made in contract, you will be compensated a couple times more from China.

16. nolimitation

nolimitation Member

Lebron said he wanted to be the first nba player billionaire. It makes sense for him to sign in New York because all the ny business endorsement deals will flock to him.

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

who does not want to play with the best player in the L? with lebron's all-around game, all wade has to do is penetrate all game and doesn't have to do anything else.

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Are you serious? Did Jordan need to play in Madison Garden for all the endorsements to flock to him? NBA's most iconic persona played virtually his entire career in a city called Chicago, hardly a city for business endorsements and yet, he signed endorsement deals with Nike, Hanes, McDonalds, ect. When you are an icon, endorsements come to you. When he was in Akron as a freshly graduated high school, all the shoe companies were already going after him. I am tired of all these idiots thinking that NY would be some type of amazing launching pad for LBJ when their NBA team has been nothing but a joke the last decade.

19. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

I agree with you about the fact that LeBron doesn't need to play in big market to get major endorsements. But about Jordan, Chicago is still a very big market.

20. nolimitation

nolimitation Member

Chicago is 3rd biggest city in the U.S. behind LA and NY. They've been a joke for the last 2 decades I'll say, yet they are still #1 in the most attendance and sales. LA is #2 and they won a championship.