1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Post]QRich: McGrady fades if you get physical on him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Van Gundier, Nov 12, 2006.

1. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

Q-rich didn't need good defense to make him fade in the playoffs. oooooooooooo! busted!

2. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

I always find it funny how lesser players always talk big after "containing" a better player. It almost confirms the greatness of the 2nd player when the 1st says that he can "contain" him. I also can't think of one instance where the lesser one has come out on top.

3. pettinati

pettinati Contributing Member

TRACY STOPPER.

j/k...Q is a decent ball player, but he's really talking out the side of his neck right now.

4. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Yep, make sure to send Tmac a copy of this NY Post. :D :D

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh, he'll hear about it. Agree that it was dumb on QRich's part. Can't wait for tonight, and that next game with the Knicks!

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I guess everybody's been getting physical with TMac considering his shooting sucked in games prior to QRich's matchup against him. He's been fading all season except for that one game against Milwaukee.

What's hysterical is that QRich thinks he's figured out what no other coach, player, or team has figured out in the last 10 years. Duh. Give me a break. It's plain and simple : TMac is either in a shooting slump or his career is on the decline.

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

he should pray to God TMac doesn't read newspaper

8. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Richardson is right. McGrady does fade away when you get physical with him.

I, however, would like to thank Q for saying that to the media, because Tracy just might respond and get tougher.

9. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

DELETE

#29 Rocketeer, Nov 12, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  10. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

That is exactly the thing I thought of. Ruben VERY physically backed him down in the post and got a couple of fouls on Tracy. Tracy got pissed and straight up BLOCKED his a**, TWICE. Then he played with real focus and his game came to him. All game I kept thinking, "thank you, Ruben, for pissing Tmac off!"

11. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

This is not about Tracy "Fading". That's total BS. You have to give credit to QRich, he's just quick and long enough to stay in front on McGrady. If TMac's shot insn't falling against a quicker guy then it's gonna be a long night becasue he's having trouble getting past his quicker defender turning him into a jumpshooter only. Guys, it's not like we haven't seen Tracy face tougher defenses and beating them. Right now it's all bout Tracy's shot and if it isn't falling he's gonna have a real hard time getting past his defender.

12. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

The other players sense blood. TMac is not the same as he was a couple of years ago. Back then, QRich wouldn't have dared to say something like that.
    This reminds me of bashing Penny took from other players, like when Marbury told him to his face "your game is garbage". Penny in his prime was 1000x better than Marbury. TMac in his prime was a million times better than Richardson.
    Before his injury, no one would trash talk Penny. They knew better.

13. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I think Q can expect to have 50 points dropped on him next time the Rockets and Knicks hook up.

14. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Foolish qrich. Perhaps he failed to notice tmac is just in a slump and has shot that way in every game, except the bucks game.

15. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Your knee must hurt pretty badly from all of the knee-jerk reactions.

T-Mac not a killer? Did you not see his absolute OWNAGE of Glen Robinson, Dirk Nowitzki, and whoever Charlotte threw at him in his playoff career? Q-Rich is a fool. T-Mac has sucked but it's due to a combination of a willingness to defer to Yao (why jack up bad shots in an attempt to prove your manhood when you know you're off and you're big man is having his way?) and the simple fact that he just isn't the same player he once was for whatever reason. It has nothing to do with a lack of competitiveness. Anyone who has followed his career can clearly see that.

16. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

you guys should realize that this isn't the t-mac of old...he can't do what the old t-mac can do (for whatever reason)...what we have learnt so far from this season is that he hasn't adjusted well to this new situation..he's just not as athletic as he used to be....ALL the great players adjusted to the change, he's just having a hard time with it..

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Tell me about it. I've wanted him for two years but his back scares me.

18. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I would never want him on my team. He's selfish and he's a slow SG who jacks up threes. Did I mention he's overpaid and a turnover waiting to happen?

19. deshen

deshen Member

Nothing needed to care about. T-Mac is doing the right thing to help the team win. QRich score how much in this game? 21? it is even lower than T-Mac's career average

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

AHAHAHAHA! We play the Knicks 8 days from now! Whether Tmac is in a slump or (god forbid) a decline, Q just signed his death wish. Maybe Isaiah will switch his tactics and try to shut down Yao from the start, letting Tmac posterize Richardson.