1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Post] Kevin Love demanding contract ext by Jan 15 or else ..

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by srrono, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

2. Raven

Raven Member

Those are MVP type numbers, but Minny has to win for that discussion to materialize.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He's obviously going to get it, eventually....if this really came from the Love camp, then they're bluffing to get the money now.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Minny needs to trade away a few of their lottery picks and get some veterans to back this team up if they want real results.

Off the top of my head, they have like 6 lottery pick players who are at most only going to their 3rd year.

And they have about 5 lottery pick players that were selected as the top 5 pick.

That is way too much talent to develop on a team like Minny. They can get very good value in return for some of their players, so they should trade them away now.

I mean they have Wesley Johnson, the 4th pick of 2010 and Derrick Williams, the 2nd pick of 2011 to play SF. How could any of them flourish if they have such limited playing time?

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Actually, Wes Johnson is being forced to play out of position at the SG spot, largely because both he and Williams are stuck behind starting SF Michael Beasley, the #2 overall pick of the 2008 NBA Draft!

6. what

what Member

in before the 8 page digression on whether love is a franchise player or not. troll mode in full effect

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Love's alleged position makes no sense. 10 days before the league deadline is completely arbitrary. It's not like he has any decisions he needs to make between 1/15 and 1/25, unless he intends to injure himself in that window. Maybe his agent is planning a vacation?

He will get a max extension offer at the last minute and sign it. Why make this complicated?

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

There's more to this than just the money. This is Love saying that up until now, Kahn has proven to not be real competent and Love has doubted the Kahn's ability to commit to and to build a winner. Wouldn't surprise me if Love played out his option if he didn't get his max offer now. They've torqued him pretty good in the past.

All that said, I would assume they give it to him.

However, I am watching the chemistry between him and Rubio. The team ultimately is going to be Rubio's or they are going to have to trade one of them. I'm waiting to see if Love totally embraces him. They have played decently together but Love hasn't made too many comments about Rubio as of yet. So, I can't tell if he really wants to play with Rubio. Rubio does dominate the basketball. Of course he dishes with it, but he does control the ball. Don't know how that is going to play out long term with Love.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder why Love's camp set the January 15th deadline when the league deadline is January 25th. What difference do 10 days make?

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

sure kept me from moving

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm sure Love realizes that he (himself) is not a playmaker and the T-Wolves need a perimeter player to control the offense. I very much doubt Rubio is a negative issue for him.

But everyone realizes Love would bolt Minny if he could.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I would think so too. But these players, the really good ones, like to touch the ball....a lot. I've just been curious to see if there would be any friction pop up regarding that issue with Rubio handling throughout so much of the clock. Haven't seen anything yet.

Wasn't part of the reason Adelman was brought in was to get Love signed to a max deal?? They're going to make it very difficult for Love to leave there. Of course, Kahn is a whack job. Perhaps, he is going to be stupid and try to get by without giving Love the max extension??? Surely, he's not that stupid. Surely?

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1jUBbCgMWmE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think the Rockets do make the exception in the case of max-level players.

TMac got an extension right after being traded to Houston. Yao also got an extension.

15. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Come on Bima, Morey/Rockets would've offered someone like Kevin Love the max extension the first chance they got. He's probably the most promising player in the league right now for now and the future. The best rebounder in the league who shoots 40%+ from 3 and makes two of them a game? Come on, that's ridiculous.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not sure if Love deserves the max. Then again, most stars today don't have a shred of loyalty, and would leave their sorry franchise to go to NY or LA. Ok I changed my mind Love deserves the max for sticking with his team.

17. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

I love how no one is questioning the OP's mysterious source, lol.

18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

The NY Post?

19. TheChosenOne

I can't read minds. If he can't bother to put a source in the article, I'm not looking it ujp.

20. TheChosenOne

**UP**