1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NY Post: Jeff Says Yao's Gotta Get Nasty

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dragon167, Nov 5, 2003.

1. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Yeh, we have cried for Francis to give up the ball & ISO, so Yao can have ball & ISO? :D

2. jdlee80

jdlee80 Member

Well, shaq and amare stoudamire are both a lot beefier than yao. He's definately taller than everyone though.

3. gotrock?

gotrock? Member

Hmmm...does Tim Duncan yell and scream and cuss everybody out?? Did Bill Russell?? George Mikan?? No, yet these are all-time greats. I would love to see Yao dominate as much as anyone but you can't make him something he's not--rather than try to change the man and his cultural upbringing, how about continuing to complete his training and understanding of the NBA game and make sure he and all the other Rockets know he is THE MAN, then watch his game change. Remember, Yao has come a looooong way from people debating over whether he could score 20 pts in his career, or coming off the bench, or being the distant 3rd option to the ISO twins...and that was just last year, people--this isn't 10 year vet Shawn Bradley we're talkin' about...perspective ;)

4. myco

myco Contributing Member

These statements are hyperboles at best. I don't really see anyone jumping the gun on the YOF label unless a poster says some pretty outrageous stuff like constant "the guards are STUPID give the ball to Yao! Yao Yao Yao Yao Yao." This has continued to this year and will likely continue as long as Yao is on the team. So why is it so last year?

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Your'e watching the game with both eyes open and you are seeing exactly what is going on!First to point it out, well done.

6. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

Read My Signature.

I got it from a chinese poster about Yao. He is still learning in this environment and understands that he is learning the NBA game. When he truly feels his dominance I think he will call for the ball and demand the ball.

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member