1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Post] Cuomo refuses to resign, denies allegations in explosive AG report

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dairy Ashford, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I've only grunched the last page. Someone threaten to ban you? Don't people know this is the "monkeys flinging poo" forum? You and everyone else can fling your crap here. People can make fun of you, and you can whine about it. Welcome to D&D.

Andre0087 likes this.
  2. CCorn

CCorn Member

I consider myself an *******. But like Bane, I was born in the darkness. That darkness was my right wing parents stupidity.

Still love them though.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like you got it. And when you say something, others are free to comment and criticize. It doesn't mean that you're being censored when they do.

vlaurelio likes this.
  4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Of course he does

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He watched The Art of the Deal...2017 to Jan 6th 2021 Edition.

Amiga likes this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

"I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a Clutchfan. By then it was nothing to me but blinding!"

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Al Franken resigned. But point taken. When the highest public office holder act horribly and isn't held accountable, it sets an example throughout the nation. Seriously, that side has very little to stand on to demand anything.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

They don't have a problem with sexual harassment.

But seriously, some Republicans who have called on Cuomo to resign: Elise Stefanik, Tom Cotton, and Rick Scott.

But more seriously, most Republicans are not going to say anything while their opponents are tearing down one of their own. They don't want to be accused of being political opportunists or hypocrites for removing democratic sexual harassers while protecting their own.

Likewise, Democrats don't want to be called hypocrites either, so after arguing for the removal of Republicans like Trump and Kavanaugh, they have to demonstrate their willingness to eat their own when they commit the same offense. I do think their principles are genuine, actually, but it doesn't hurt that it aligns with their practical political goals.

As I'd said earlier, I want him to be impeached instead of resigning. All the calls for him to resign are understandable as virtue signaling. If I was a politician, I'd do the same so that my voters wouldn't think I approved of his behavior. But New York had a process to install Cuomo in office. The voters may or may not think sexual harassment is a deal-breaker, and we won't know until the next election. If he simply resigns under pressure, we won't know that it is the will of the electorate. So if not by electoral will, we need some other process that is formal and fair by which to remove him. That's impeachment. So I don't want him to resign, I want him to be impeached.

You're quick to hating on posters who disagree with you, so I find it a little hard to believe you're so easygoing in real life. Your first post was a general accusation to the posters here of fake outrage. If there is a lack of comity in this forum, you're contributing to it. But, this forum is Debate and Discussion. So you can say your point of view and we can say what we think of it. I think you're wrong about the outrage being fake. Cuomo is toast politically. If he doesn't resign he will be impeached. He has no political allies of any consequence that will stick up for him. He'll be gone and few posters here will be sad to see him go. I don't see how the outrage is fake when the consequences will be widely cheered.

steddinotayto and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. edwardc

edwardc Member

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

GOP Golden calf statue in the works...

VooDooPope likes this.
  12. edwardc

edwardc Member

Oh you know it's going to happen.

VooDooPope likes this.
  13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

"How dare you call me names like 'troll', you assholes!!!!"

lol....gotta love it.

VooDooPope and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. Gioan Baotixita

The question is: who's the troll and who's the *******?

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think a person can be both.

17. steddinotayto

I guess to answer your question I'll have to go back to your initial comment in this thread that started the whole thing:

With all due respect that last sentence can be considered troll-worthy and, when someone called you out for it you respond back and calling him/her an *******. I don't know but.....

Yea I agree with @FranchiseBlade --a person can be both in this case.

VooDooPope and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Geez... mojoman is so desperate for stuff to pin on President Biden that even his cartoons are getting worse and worse. Poorly drawn, not even funny in the least. Guess his facebook channel is drying up...

Nook likes this.
  19. Gioan Baotixita

I'm new to th
    Yea, that's the way to do it man, label every new comer a troll just because he has a take that you don't like, and pretty soon you'll be back at your own circle jerk with the same cast of characters, just different days. Yawn!

20. steddinotayto

What did you expect when you:

-registered yourself for this forum just last week
    -entered this thread, making a baseless claim/generalization that people who voted for Biden don't want to see Cuomo punished
    -threw more gas on the fire with your circle jerk comments (which has somehow been your prime attack on all things liberal)

?

Genuinely curious. If you were expecting a civil discussion then I would have left the troll-level remarks out of the conversation. I mean this is essentially a classic case of "you reap what you sow" so I don't know how you can be bothered when people call you out for your behavior in this thread so far.

FranchiseBlade and VooDooPope like this.