1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Post] Cuomo refuses to resign, denies allegations in explosive AG report

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dairy Ashford, Aug 3, 2021.

1. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yep. Once is explainable. From eleven people, on multiple occassions, with lots of corroborating witnesses? Very different. It could well be the Cuomo isn't even aware this was harassment. Well past the point of that mattering here.

2. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Nice to see a simple answer to which was really a simple question. One could perhaps say no and give reasons why...but the evidence against Chris is pretty damning too.

Andre0087 likes this.
  3. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I think the man should listen to the man....

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So if I make a friendly comment like "I like what you did with your hair", that can be sexual harassment, if the person I say it to is interpreting it as an "advance", while if someone else says it and the person doesn't interpret it as an advance then it isn't sexual harassment?

I know that there are people who think this, and that's reflected in the passage you quoted, but I really don't understand it. I can only interpret these words ("rape", "sexual harassment") in a way that actually makes sense to me, though I'm happy to learn from others how my understanding may be lacking.

5. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Without rehashing entire threads again, there were certainly arguments to be made against the actions taken against Trump. What would be arguments against taking action here against Cuomo? Honestly not seeing them (nor, it seems, are most Dems). But for those claiming some equivalency here, please do feel free to make them. Cuomo should not be impeached because ... ??

I don't think it can be done, without digging the party into a really deep hole they don't want to get in...hence all the Dems lining up against Cuomo. Sort of. I don't think most of them (the politicians) want Cuomo to resign because its the right thing to do. They want him to resign to make this story go away. Same reason they aren't calling for impeachment...that would drag the story on, and likely drag the party in with it, to some degree. They don't want that.

#65 BigDog63, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    Andre0087 likes this.
  6. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Completely agree that it is a very nebulous definition. The easiest explanation is that it is in the eyes of the recipient. Now, if the actions were completely innocuous, it likely wouldn't stand up in court, or even in any employment proceedings. You'd get a 'stop doing that', most likely. But if it happened a LOT, and many others, not just the 'victim' felt it was unwanted or unacceptable..then the 'I do that all the time' actually because damning, not exculpatory.

Maybe helps to think of it in terms of racist comments or actions. Does it really matter if the person doing/saying them thinks they are not racist or demeaning? Or is it based on how that impacts the recipient? Did the Klan think their actions were wrong, or harmful? I think you can see how that quickly doesn't matter?

7. durvasa

I don't think I agree with that. And even acting with bad intent can be forgivable. That's just up to the person against whom the offense was committed.

I don't disagree with your last part. If several people are accusing him of harassment, then he very likely was crossing a line that he should have known better not to cross. In that case, I would say it does qualify as harassment because it indicates he had no regard for how other people might feel with the way he is behaving.

Me Too says that people in power often get away with bad, abusive behavior, and that is true, but I don't think it is correct to therefore conclude that the mindset of the accused simply doesn't matter. Sometimes we have to give one side or the other the benefit of the doubt, and there's a good argument for siding with the accuser in these sort of cases (particularly when there are multiple accusers with fairly well-substantiated allegations). But then we're calling it harassment because we believe the accused had a particular mindset that he is now denying, not that it is harassment irrespective of his mindset.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He should not resign. He should be impeached

Invisible Fan and Andre0087 like this.
  9. durvasa

One can make a racist comment even if no one is being offended by it. Like, a group of racists in a room could very well be making racist comments left and right, with no one in the room taking offense.

And I would say one can make a comment that is not racist, even if someone else who hears it considers it to be. Like, hypothetically, suppose I say "Barak Obama was the worst president of my life time" and I'm white. Someone else may think it is a racist comment because of their affinity for Obama and their suspicion of white people who dislike him. Was I being racist by expressing that opinion? No, not necessarily.

#69 durvasa, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  10. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

First, all politicians are corrupt regardless of side...the argument could be made the some are less than others which is fine. When Trump was heading down the road to the first round of impeachment the GOP went the opposite way and attempted to defend him. At least the Democrats are calling Cuomo what he is...a malicious tumor and they want to get rid of that cancer instead of letting it spread throughout the entire party infecting all in sight.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It's just odd because a few months ago Biden had already said that if the investigation showed harassment that Cuomo should resign.

12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

this has Kamala written all over it, taking out a threat

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Cuomo was a great leader during the virus when trump was absent.

Sounds like he has that deshaun watson deal where he thinks every chick wants him.
    Shane no one will care about the victims as usual and repugs will try that moral shtick we all see through

15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

lol

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

From what I’ve heard so far I would support impeachment. This isn’t just repeated harassment but abuse of power that he had his staff cover for him and pressured accusers.

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. Gioan Baotixita

The senior citizens in the nursing homes that were killed by the "Love Gov" are coming back to haunt this POS. I'm not feeling the fake outrage against Cuomo from you Biden voters exhibiting in here.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. It was horrible enough that he had a pattern of this behavior, but the fact that he went after some of the accusers goes far beyond all of that. He should be impeached. If they start that and he resigns, then accept ala Nixon. He should be toast.

19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Way to make an introduction fellow Rocket fan...:rolleyes:

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

"LiBeRaLs NeEd To pOliCe ThEiR oWn! ThEy'Ll LeT cUoMo SlIdE!"

"Uh, he should resign or be impeached, and be prosecuted."

"LiBeRaLs fAkE OuTrAgE!!!"

Can't win with these cats.