1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Post] Cuomo refuses to resign, denies allegations in explosive AG report

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dairy Ashford, Aug 3, 2021.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Your whatboutism is getting confusing... when was Northam accused of sexual assault?

2. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

So...should Chris resign as well? Or..be fired?

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

5. TheresTheDagger

Ya you do. Everything you post here (almost DAILY) is political in nature. If it hurts the right, you play it up. If it hurts the left, you don't. You're not fooling anybody here.

Sure, but I'm certain it would be a waste of time, because if the left could have made any charges stick, they would have done it by now. Mueller and 2 impeachments later, prove the left would stop at nothing to "get" Trump. Also, Stormy Daniels and Michael Avenatti ring a bell?

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If one party commits a sexual act because they think the other person has consented or is consenting to it, then it is not rape, to my understanding. Rape is when you willfully commit a sexual act on another without regard for their consent.

To me, harassment of any sort is something you do to intentionally harm someone else or not caring one way or the other whether you harming someone else. If you are acting in a manner while thinking the other person is OK with it, is that harassment?

I get that. I was asking for more details — was he actually making sexual advances, or doing something else. I don’t know what the details are. Just responding to the article posted.

7. TheresTheDagger

Previous calls for resignation of a Governor that failed by the same actors is now "whataboutism"?

Oh I see....it's "different" this time. F--k outta here NeRF....

8. NewRoxFan

I would have to see the source of this story, which was conveniently not linked. It sounded like it was based on "people that said they knew". So basically an unlinked story, with no source.

In general I am not comfortable with media types related to politicians, whether it was Cuomo and his brother or trump and his daughter-in-law. That said... I don't know if its fair to say someone should lose their job because they are related to a politician (would think it best to not report on your relative).

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

10. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Easy. Not everything has to be a debate with you here. I didn't even know he was going to address it.

11. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Nook likes this.
  12. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Making charges "stick" against Trump required principled Republicans to put country over party. No one was surprised by how that turned out.

Nook and Andre0087 like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

Wow, you sure seem to be getting your shorts in a wad... take a deep cleansing breath. Or decaf.

First, I did call for Northam's resignation for what he did. But comparing his offensive actions in the past to sexual assault charges raised by numerous women? Seriously, you don't see a difference? And btw, I also called for ex-Senator Franken to resign.

14. NewRoxFan

My gosh you are bouncing all over the place here. First, you are arguing with someone that has called for Cuomo to leave office. Resign, impeach, I don't care (that's up to the state of NY), whatever happens fastest.

Second... for someone that seems to keep track of my posts (both content and frequency) you seem surprised I criticize the republican party and republicans in general? But you know, there is an easy solution... put me on ignore. I ignore a few people here and feel the better for it. I'd suggest it for you. Maybe it will help get your panties out of the wad they seem to be.

15. NewRoxFan

Hopefully this gets pushed forward by the Cuomo accusations...

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Yes.

BigDog63 likes this.
  18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

While you were still sucking off Trump during both impeachment proceedings and calls for resignation...:rolleyes:

Pot calling the kettle black...smh.

19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yes, is the short answer, IF the other party feels harassed by it. MOST sexual harassment falls into this category, I'm pretty sure (ie, one party doesn't feel it harmful, the other party does).

link

I take it you would agree these advances were unwanted? If so, then there were definitely sexual harassment. Particularly given the quantity and corroborating witnesses.

All good...wasn't really debating you, just pointing out both of these facts, since they are often neglected or misunderstood in situations like these.

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

This is the wrong way to view it. Intent doesn't dictate whether or not something is harassment. It just applies in whether the harassment is forgivable or not. It is largely why many of us probably have done so before without realizing it. One of the best things about the Me Too movement was to let men know that women have been uncomfortable with many of our actions, but were often fearful or embarrassed to say something to us. 11 credible accounts indicates there is a serious problem with the actions of Cuomo, not just a misunderstanding.

Nook and BigDog63 like this.