1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NY & Denver both win their games tonight

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mordo, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

I can't believe it, both teams won their games.

NY beat Utah, one the best teams in the league right now.

Denver's scrubs beat the Wizards.

2. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Nothing surprises me in the NBA. The Knicks might actually cash in on this, Zeke is playing way too many guys in that rotatation and it hasn't been successful. Lets see if they can string some wins together while the players are suspended, then maybe Zeke can settle on a rotation that can play D.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Wizards were out of gas from the Lakers game. Gilbert just didn't have it tonight and the Wizards are a schizo team. The Jazz losing to the Knicks was a huge shock. There was no way to see that coming.

4. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I would think the offensive outburst from Denver in the first Q (36-16!) that set them up for the easy win was the most shocking thing. I mean, to do that with your two best offensive players out...

Then again, it was interesting to hear what Arenas said postgame: "They play better without Carmelo because the ball moves and everybody goes"... Camby said pretty much the same thing, i.e. teamwork & passing is more effective than having one or two primary scorers... It's probably an important lesson in good basketball.

What about the FT discrepancy in that game though? 18 for the Wiz, 44 for Nugz??

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I watched the first 1st half. It was 52-22 at one point! Not to diss what the Nuggets did, but the Wizards were very tired from the Lakers game. For those that didn't see the game, just imagine the Wizards playing defense even WORSE than they usually do! Andre Miller shredded them with short jumpers and easy drives to the basket. Not even the Wizards usually give up 65 points in the 1st half. And Gilbert was off.

I attribute the FT disparity to Miller and Boykins going to the basket while the Wizards bombed away from long range out of laziness. They took 33 three-point shots, missing 25. It's hard to believe they just beat the Nuggets by 30 last Wednesday.

6. Highwire

Highwire Member

I guess they were complacent about playing against undermanned teams.

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

agree...they do have a very nice young team

they just need to click

and a heavy rotation won't help do that

8. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

The Nugs looked good, but it was a perfect storm for us. The Wizards were tired. We were pissed off. The Wizards thought we'd fold, but Camby wouldn't let the team.

I'm still hoping to go 8-7 over these 15 games.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Is David Lee really THAT good? 20 rebounds, impressive. Good thing I have him on my fantasy team.

10. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

David Lee is like Chuck Hayes v. 1.5.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You guys lucked out last night. 8-7 is the absolute best you could hope for. Realistically, 4-11 is more likely. If George Karl can somehow use this as motivation maybe you guys can play over your heads. He loves to manipulate players' emotions.

It's also possible this event might be a good wakeup call for J.R. Smith. He may be a salvageable head case and the suspension could move him in the right direction. This is just my opinion, but something about the guy has "time bomb" written on him.