1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[NY Daily News] T-Mac Backstabbing Yao?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Blake, Jan 11, 2009.

1. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

I would just LOVE IT if we trade tracey and get deep into the playoffs without him. Then he goes to another team and doesn't get anywhere :) Damn I'm vengeful :cool:

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

The sad thing about that is there are quite a few people who actually believed that story. When one person believes, others will follow. Especially when it strengthens their argument.

3. The Brian

The Brian Member

this story is really unreliable and i don't believe it right now, but if true (which is actually very possible) t-mac is a b**** and needs to be dealt with one way or another.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

mitch lawrence has been covering the nba for a very long time. i think it's reliable.

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Just I wrote in a earlier piece, people are jealous because he gets a kings ransom for a kids game. When I see damon jones, rafer alston and guy like that make it, it tells me they were harder working and more determined than I was.Based on what I've achieved in the business world, I think I'm a pretty hard worker. Tracy got to a 20m player by being a hard worker whether people believe it or not. You know how many 6'8 guys who are playing 3 on 3 or in gyms across america who didn't make it? Look at from when he came into the league to when he was leading the magic t the playoffs, that wasn't plain talent, that was work ethic. Many just want him to get back to that work ethic and I agree. Its just crazy how many threads we have created about 1 guy after a loss.Can we talk hoops again?

6. The Brian

The Brian Member

what i don't understand is yao doesn't take enough shots. t-mac is just delusional if this is true.

everyone on the team trusts yao and agrees he is their focal point while t-mac looks alienated from the team.

7. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Of course not. He's testing his powers as an internet demigod. Maybe he can stir up enough stuff to get tmac traded.

8. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

If Tmac is complaining, then it is the stupidest thing i ever heard. Why would you want to take more shots when you keep clanking them?? On the other hand, Yao gets to take more shots because he's effective. So there is no point of complaining. And if he complains Yao not playing hard...then he's totally out of his mind because he's the ONE that don't play hard....wake up wake up.

9. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

So has Peter Vescey. Lord knows how reliable he is. :rolleyes:

10. KillerMamba

KillerMamba Member

Why ARE we even talking about Tracy McGrady? He is not even worth discussing with his feminism antics.

11. MD_in_Training

Wait, wait, wait. Let me get this straight before I type out a response. You're saying that Tracy is making $20 mil because of his work ethic?

12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

This is complete BS about Yao and 7'6 and all this other crap....

There was a center in the league at 7'4 that played for Utah by the name of Mark Eaton....

The guy had NO.. NADA... NONE.... NOT A LICK of Offense.... But at his height he gave people FITS on defense...

Now Yao is 2 inches taller and a lot more athletic than Big Country.. So please stop giving me the swan and dance song with Yao...

I totally agree with WHOM the article (Fake or Not)...

13. Hmm

Hmm Member

methinks.. this article was written by a man that took Tracy's actual complaint, repeated complaint at that, of a general lack of touches from the chronicle.. from a week or so back.. and the common knowledge around the league.. that Yao receives the majority of set-plays-ran out of the two.. and lazily slapped them together to form this conclusion..

14. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

It's amazing that you actually believed that article.

15. RocksMillenium

Look, I'm critical of McGrady as well, but some of you guys are SERIOUSLY losing perspective of professional sports. There is no way in hell that you become a professional athlete without working hard. Now, maybe his work ethic isn't as great as it should be for an elite player, but it sure as hell is better then the most people.

16. RocksMillenium

I would just LOVE IT, if we kept our current team and made a deep playoff run WITH McGrady. Damn I'm logical. :cool:

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I don't know if I believe it or not, it could be true, or it could be made up.....

It doesn't matter.....for me, when Tmac quit on his teamates again, that was the straw that broke the camels back.

He quit, then he complained about not getting enough shots.....that is not the guy that can lead a team anywhere.

I don't care what they do with him, trade him, bench him, send him off to the CBA...I don't care.

If he comes back and is part of the team, I will cheer for the Rockets, but I will never forget that the true nature of Tmac is as a quitter, a whiner, and a guy who is happier being Tmac than being a winner.

I have washed my hands of that clown.......and will support whatever the team decides to do with him.

DD

18. MD_in_Training

That's not the point I was trying to make. Obviously, given the fact that he's in the NBA, it's safe to say that he's no slob. But, the way that leebigez put it, it seems like he was suggesting that NBA player make what they make based on their tireless work ethic, when in fact, it's entirely based on market value and economics.

19. joesr

joesr Member

I dont think many fans will believe that its Yao's team

20. MD_in_Training

You're right. Fans obviously see that the team belongs to the dude watching the game in street clothes. No, not Les Alexander. The other dude - who's getting paid $20 million to play.