1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Daily News] T-Mac Backstabbing Yao?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Blake, Jan 11, 2009.

1. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Cant you see that this news is fake? They dont have any reliable source and there isnt any quote.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

WTF does making the all NBA team have to do with anything?

I mean honestly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STats.....who the heck cares about stats.....it is all about wins.....how many games did the TMac dominated Magic team win to get Dwight Howard?

Tmac is the problem...he is.....the problem is he doesn't want to share the laod...even though sharing the load is how team's win in the playoffs.

It is beyond aggravating.

DD

3. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

How do you believe this stuff? You should now by now...

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The guy isn't at full strength...it's so obvious from watching him play this season that there is indeed a physical issue...there's a lack of elevation, and a ginger step to him. He feels something not right with his knee.

Has he handled it well? No. Absolutely not.

Does that make him a cancer? No.

You can't trust everything printed in the press especially when there's no direct source and it's the crying out loud NY DAILY NEWS! That paper is considered a TABLOID dude! You are trusting the word of what New Yorkers call the local tabloid. It spreads all sorts of rumours - that's how it sells freakin papers.

At least judge the guy fairly...that's all.

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

The hate for Tmac here is so great that everyone is turning into Blindbury. They are losing their objectivity. Wait till this gets into Chinese media then surely Sura will faint.

6. SugarLandDream8

That doesn't mean he wasn't a cancer. He openly argued with his cousin to the media in Toronto because he wanted to be the man up there. He was a cancer in the locker room arguing it was his team. Dude was a teenager. He should have gladly played 2nd option and won titles up there.

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Sammy,

I do not like tossing players under a bus, but the truth is the truth, it just so happens that people don't like to see the truth because it breaks some mythical bubble they have about players they like.

Do I hate, Tmac....no....but I am frustrated that he finally has a team that can win it all, and he whines about him not being involved enough in the offense.

It is fairly clear to me, that Tmac wants to be the man...win or lose, he wants it to be about him.....well, I am sorry, for me, it is about the team, the TEAM is more important.

I don't care if he gets his 20 points....I care about W's....just W's.....

If Tmac would get with the program, and become part of the team, they would be better off, but if he is NOT going to do that, and is going to whine and piss and moan and take his ball and go home...then it is better for the TEAM if he is gone.

All I care about is what is good for the team.....and I am not going to believe a player with a history of quitting, sulking, lying and being lazy.

It boggles my mind that other ROCKET fans would take his side over the organization's side.

This is about what is good for the Rockets...not what is good for Tmac....I could care less about that....just do whatever is right for my beloved Rockets.
    I am judging him fairly, it is others that want to talk about scoring titles and former glory, this is about what he is doing to the current team.

DD

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

technically, when he signed with orlando, grant hill was a bigger star and just came off an all-nba season. and he was regarded as a top 5 player.

so when tracy chose to sign with orlando, he would be the 2nd option.

9. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Look at the team that he once had in Orlando. With that team, he took it to 7 games vs the pistons:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=230420008

I dont see 95% of the team is the league right now.
    If you call that cancer, then, something bad is going on you.

10. t_mac1

DD, control yourself.

all-nba teams aren't all-star selections. you actually have to be REALLY dominant that year to make all-nba teams.

how has he not want to carry the load? did you see the 06-07 series v. the jazz? he tried passing it to rafer and luther EVEN AFTER THEY MISS A BAJILLION SHOTS? and he's probably the only star in the L who's willing to pass to deke and hayes?

really, regain your sanity DD

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Since when do the tabloids become legitimate sources for information on this BBS?

Can we start threads using the National Enquirer now?

This thread should be locked.

12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Totally agree with both of you...

What was said was right on point.... Also the fact that when Yao gets 20 points in a game, he's giving up 24 or 26 points....

Guards from the OKC and New York game were driving to the goal like he wasn't there.

13. SugarLandDream8

Vince Carter was the biggest star back then. The media anointed him Jordan's successor. Carter was also a scorer. Grant Hill was a great all around player. Mr. triple double who was as likely to pass as score. Mcgrady wanted to be the main scorer and Hill was the perfect guy to play with. In any case Mcgrady always whines he doesn't have talent around him but everytime he plays for a good team he does his me-mac thing. Yao takes the same amount as shots as Mcgrady but Lamar wants Yao to take less because he is taking "too many" while he is "taking to few"????

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Since when has the organziation turned against him??? Right now all we know it's you, Blinebury, and supposedly one player.

That's your reality and your truth. You simply don't have enough information to judge. Any judgement at this stage is an unfair one.

You'd get rid of a player with immense value just because you're frustrated???

That's just dumb...especially right now. We don't get jack for him in return.

15. t_mac1

um yea, when did you start watching the NBA.

the year tracy left orlando, these are grant hill's stats. he made all-nba 1st team (-> top 5 player).

25.8ppg, 6.6rpg, 5.2apg (the ball was in his hands A LOT let's say)

vince carter averaged 25.7ppg that year.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

No, I would bench him until he is ready to play hard in practice and in games.

I would try to trade him but not do a knee jerk just get rid of him trade.

I believe the team is better with a TMac that is motivated to play within the contraints of the system.

But right now, he isn't...so the team is better off without him on the floor until he is ready to swallow his pride and come back to work.

DD

17. SugarLandDream8

After they were up 3-1 he started talking smack and doing the slit throat gesture. Lamar needs to back up what he says if he is going to do the slit throat thing and say it's good to be in the 2nd round. That's why I believe this article. Mcgrady likes to say stupid thing. Yao taking only 1 shots making 53% of his shots is taking "too many". Oh goodness.

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Whatever, Tmac apologizers will continue to drink from the milkshake spiggot...while the realists of the world will see the truth of the matter.

Good luck guys....I am sure Tmac will lead the team out of the 1st round like he always has....

Oh, wait...

DD

19. SugarLandDream8

I've been watching the NBA since 1979 with Moses Malone. How about you kid? Carter was the biggest star. Mcgrady is and was a cancer. And BTW he has a wife, he doesn't need you being his apologist.

20. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Gawd dammm. How old are you?