1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

NY Daily news rumor: Francis for Iverson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ricealum, Feb 15, 2004.

1. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

ai doesnt go to practice.....let alone a van gundy practice.

2. rocket3forlife2

i agree

Allen Iverson Steve Francis
    RPG 3.9 RPG 5.5
    APG 6.3 APG 5.9
    SPG 2.41 SPG 1.41
    BPG .08 BPG .49
    FG% .395 FG% .403
    FT% .751 FT% .765
    3P% .292 3P% .300
    1.if you all are impressed with a.i scoring give steve steve 9 or 10 more shots like a.i gets thats 18 more points for francis if he hits them now iam sure you see how iverson could get 26 points

2.rockets were 21-3 that season against EAST!!!m sure we would have made to finals too if we were in EASTthats the year iverson took his team to the finals

3 Iverson jacks up over 24 shots a game. Steve shoots under 15 a game yes I guess that is what you need huh (yea right)

4. iverson is a great player but he is also injury prone steve is not

5.do you think iverson and van gundy would really have a great relationship togeather.iverson dont like to practice

3. Mark

Mark Contributing Member

I just think his 27 points comes from the 25 shots a game he takes. I don't want that on the Rockets. Steve plays the point, thats why he doesn't take that many shots. Steve can get open any time he wants.

One of the biggest complaints about Steve's game is that he shoots too much, he's a ball hog, he needs to play the 2 not the 1. So now you want to solve that by trading him for a guy who shoots twice as much as Steve and at a LOWER FG%.....??????

All year, I hear we need to get that ball in Yao's hands more. How do we do that with Iverson on the team?

4. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

No, at SG.

Just like Lary Brown did it. Big PG, with small SG (Iverson).

Same can be done here. Big PG, with small SG (Francis).

5. farhan007

farhan007 Member

so you want a guy who averages 39% from the feild to take twenty shots. Francis is doing 40% now, so can he take 20 shots?

6. farhan007

farhan007 Member

then im assuming we are going to get snow packaged in with AI?

7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

so that's why he's leading the league in TO/game by a WIDE margin (4.4 to steve's 3.6, and i think steve is 3rd or something).

other myths, iverson passes more often. he averages 0.4 more assists and 9 more shots. sounds like he just handles the ball a whole lot more.

iverson got a team to the finals. yeah, in the east. we were 25-5 against the east (including sweeping the entire central division) that year. put us in that conference and we've got at least as good a shot at making it to the finals to be crushed by the lakers.

hilarious DavidS, you agree with a guy who's main point was steve is careless with possessions. so you side with the guy who turns it over more than anyone in the league. ridiculous how you'll defend anything against steve.

basically, everyone wants a guy who, though he may be slightly better than steve, turns it over more, shoots more, shoots worse, and causes way more off-court headaches. steve, we don't want you, we want a guy who does all the things you do that we don't like, but just does them even more. oh, and a guy who's never been able to coexist with another scorer.

8. slinslin

slinslin Member

Anyway Francis is BYC isn't he?

So this is all fantasy.

9. DavidS

We need someone at PG. Not Francis.

And you wont realize this until we get into the play-offs.

10. farhan007

farhan007 Member

its all a nightmare you mean.

11. farhan007

farhan007 Member

^^^^

what he said:D

12. DavidS

farhan007, why do you keep forgetting the points output? The ablitily to actually get those points over a 48 minute game?

Francis doesn't have it in his brain! He doesn't know when and when not to take shots. So the more he shoots, the more likey he miss or cause a turnover.

13. farhan007

farhan007 Member

thats why AI has more TOs, right?

14. DavidS

Shoots worse?

40% at 15ppg
    40% at 27ppg

Please tell me that Francis could score 27ppg with more shots. Please....

So in your eyes, Iverson is not good enough for one-to-one trade, i.e. trading problems for problems. Ok, fine.... But I'd like to get your opinion of a trade that would suit you. You know? For the betterment of the team. Or are you NOT into that type of thing?

Could you be locked into a particular player, regardless of what happens to the team?

#74 DavidS, Feb 15, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2004
  15. DavidS

What is "why?" That they are both SG. Yep!

Although the model for SG has degrated over the years (expecting low turnovers).

#75 DavidS, Feb 15, 2004
  16. Mark

Mark Contributing Member

I agree completely.....Well said.

17. DavidS

So the best idea is that we wait for something better to come along, then trade Francis?

18. Mark

Mark Contributing Member

I personaly don't want to trade Francis. I think fans in this city are turning their nose up at him too soon. I would be for moving him to the 2, if we could get another point guard. Not sure who or how though.

19. edwardlo

edwardlo Member

Rocket does not need another dribble mania type player. IV does not fit in our system bar none. We need a point guard to boost rocket passing and offense.

20. DavidS

Lots of things could happen...

Francis stays at PG, nothing changes; we lose. <-don't covet this
    Francis stays at PG, he improves (TO/FG%), we win.
    Francis moves to SG, no PG replacement, we lose. (in the long run)
    Francis moves to SG, new big PG, we win.

#80 DavidS, Feb 15, 2004