1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NY Daily News: Isiah want to sell kids down the river Melo, Walsh resisting

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ntment_of_missing_out_on_l.html#ixzz0yHVuuwqi

Interesting. That's kind of what I suspected. Isiah would give up anything and everything to make the big splash (see Eddy Curry episode) when others would be more inclined to build on existing talent (especially young high-upside guys, good drafting, etc.). Also in line with Walsh's recent denial about trying to work a 3 way-- sure he isn't trying, but Isiah is.

I even think Isiah might be behind the McGrady trade. Walsh didn't sound all that excited about it, and Isiah was the one telling Dolan how Isiah has so much street credi with big names.

Knicks drama! Lets see if we can steal AR or, better yet, Gallinari out of a 3 way.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

Ironically, the one time I WOULDN'T want Isiah to be running the Knicks. Melo may screw that team long term if they give up the farm, but he'll likely help them win enough to get to the playoffs the next 2 years.

The Knicks need to stick to their guns so Denver will be forced to deal Melo to us with all other options exhausted.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Not sure if true. I like Gallinari a lot. I also like Randolph. Not sure if these two aren't more likely to get the Knicks to playoffs than Melo by himself is.

4. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Interesting.

Gee, i cant imagine why the Knicks are hesitant to give Isiah the keys to the car again...

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

This is a rare one where Isiah is spot on. Give Denver anyone short of Amare. Several good players don't carry the same weight has having a franchise guy, even a near-franchise guy.

Still, with no picks, the Knicks best offer is still faaaaar short of anything acceptable for Anthony. Nuggets would literally be better off riding out the year than paying Eddy Curry $11M to hang around like a lump.

Don't forget that the Nuggets are currently well into luxury tax territory. Even if a guy is expiring, they have to pay him and the lux tax on him through the year. You'd live with that if it's a productive contributor like Troy Murphy. You're sour on the idea if it's a 10th man like Curry or Jeffries.

The Nuggets would most love to get a TE and get under the tax line immediately. If you're going to suck for a year, your revenue is going to drop as well and they know it.

The smartest play for any bidder is to recruit the Raptors or Cavs to get involved and send a big chunk of their TE to Denver.