1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NY Daily News: Celtics have engaged Rockets on possible Dwight Howard trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dobro1229, Feb 3, 2016.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets...ht-Howard-shrugs-off-trade-rumors-6804268.php

2. Rocket_Man_2.0

3. CertifiedTroll

That makes 0 sense ><

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Why is this hard to believe?

Part of the motivation for exploring a trade has to be his contract status. He's already been traded to one team and walked. And they're points are at least in the right direction. Aging, injured, not the same player he once was, wants too much money and a FA.

5. Karolik

Karolik Member

brooklyn isn't that stupid...

6. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

how many pg do we need?

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Yes they are because they already gave there first to the celtics.

Brooklyn is that stupid.

8. Rocket_Man_2.0

Marcus Smart is large for a pg..so he would move to sg playing here.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Normally I would have a strong feeling one way or the other when I would hear of a trade rumor regarding one of our star players.

In this case, however, meh....

I guess it part of it has to do with the meh season Rockets have been having and part of it due to Dwight Howard not making the needed impact on the offensive end. This, despite, me knowing that he was never an offensive threat to build around to begin with.

Bottom line is this: Both of our stars have very exploitable weaknesses and unless a 3rd legitimate star player is brought in, neither of them is going past 1st or second round at best.

Bottomest line? If you trade Dwight then you are down to one star player on the team and now you go back to the drawing board and hunt for two more...

....meanwhile James Harden keeps racking up those miles, on and off the court.

10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

This.

Gotta be real careful what you get in return.

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Lotto :) add some picks to Sacramento

[​IMG]

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Not long ago the Nets finally s***canned Billy King so that he could not continue to prison-rape the franchise.

They've gone from "joke of a GM" to "no GM", so I don't know how many deals they can make, good or bad.

Your trade might just be for fun, but it bears saying, if Danny Ainge thought DeMarcus Cousins were available, he'd cut out the middleman (us) and go straight for the gusto.

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Rockets not interested in trading Howard per Calvin Watkins

14. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

That's too easy of a question. If he's going to keep getting injured the answer is dmo. If not then I think the order goes 1. Jones 2. Lawson 3. Brewer

Our roster should look more or less

Bradley/Beverley/Terry
    Harden/Thornton
    Ariza/Brewer
    Johnson/SMOOVE
    Capela/Olynyk

With our roster missing a piece by trading Lawson and Jones.

I feel with this roster we can really compete with the Warriors lineup of death.

Beverley
    Bradley
    Harden
    Smith/Ariza
    Johnson

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Meh. Any dhoward trade has to include those juicy brooklyn firsts and Olynyk otherwise no deal. Marcus smart isnt really needed on the team, y'all keep looking for pgs but hinestly the rox already have a decent one in lawson and it hasnt been working out, Harden's best mates are still straight up shooters like pbev and thornton. Someone who can handle the rock would just get in the way of harden distributing the ball, and not help him out when he is firing blanks.

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rockets have engaged teams about Dwight Howard, per league sources, but the asking price has been steep. HOU not just looking to dump him.</p>&mdash; Chris Mannix (@ChrisMannixYS) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/status/695014643429961729">February 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

We also need a 4. Amir Johnson is exciting and can score. 3 and D players like Avery Bradley you mean?

18. malakas

malakas Member

now I will take THIS over that espn piece.

Mannix works with Woj. The ESPN guys were fed minsinformation in the past from Morrey. Other insider from other teams have spoken about Morrey calling about Dwight.

Sorry but at least in my opinion this is the credible source and the truth here.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You need to read this in GM/Trade/Agent negotiation speak to understand.

Mannix piece - Morey - Call us with your offers. He's on the market

ESPN Piece - Morey - Your offers suck. We aren't letting him go for nothing, and we are more than willing to just keep him as an expiring this Summer. Bump that s$#% up or you can fight for him in free agency.

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

im seeing rockets aren't trading dwight this season. good, no one in boston i really want. plus we'd have to waive someone, and everyone on this team has good trade value.