1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nutrition/Excercise Help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by trueroxfan, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Agent94

Agent94 Member

No it's not. The most important thing is regulating your insulin level. Which means limiting simple carbs. You can eat a ton of fiber because it is not digested. You can eat a lot of protein and fat because they are digested slowly. Once you start eating simple carbs, your insulin level spikes which signals your body to start storing excess sugars as fat.

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Gotta shake my head when I see people promoting high-fat diets as a one-size-fits-all solution and completely ignore the fact that for a lot of people (namely ApoE4 carriers), they're really not such a great idea.

3. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

So you want things that digest slowly? I figured it would be the opposite.

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

uhm. that's secondary to ur calories intake. so according to u...i can go eat 4000cals steak and peanut butter even though my body only 1800 a day? please...

5. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

Not so simple:

Carbs -> Insulin -> Fat storage

Fat -> ASP as in acylation stimulating protein -> Fat storage

6. Sajan

Sajan Member

dietary fat, in an excess caloric state will be the first to get stored vs. carbs.

OP, can your BMR/RMR using this formula:

MEN: BMR = [9.99 x weight (kg)] + [6.25 x height (cm)] - [4.92 x age (years)] + 5

7. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I thought I was doing good by snacking on honey nut cheerios.

8. gambingo

gambingo Member

Cutting down on your fast food visits and junk food and you'll notice a considerable change in your weight. I've lost 10lbs and 2inches off my waist in the past 4months by simply doing that + exercising at the park.

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

if i skipped breakfast throughout puberty would that have affected my growth and development?

10. Sajan

Sajan Member

that only affects penile length.

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

uhhhmmmmbbb ... dat leads to an increase in penile length right? cos mine is 10 inches while my cousin who eats breakfast everyday is only 3 inches

12. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

How does gluten factor into all this nutrition talk? Gluten is in everything.

13. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

I worked at Chilis in hs, I was eating there 6 days a week for dinner. I cut that out and started seeing immediate results. That is definitely my biggest problem, I get home from work at 6 and I just want to chill, also I am not really hungry at 6 cuz I take late lunches to make the day seem like it's going by faster.

So around 8 I get hungry and I'm like ehhh I would have to thaw meat, prepare stuff, and cook. I'll just got to whataburger.

I said I was starting this diet Monday...ugh. It's Thursday and guess what...I'm still fat. haha, not really, but I haven't started yet, I keep saying once I go to the grocery store I will, but then I keep putting that off each time I pass whataburger.

Something is wrong with meeeeeeee, I am so weak willed.

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

lol just go to a convenience store and get some freaking greek yogurt fatso.

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOL @ this thread appearing in between all the "Best [food]" threads... :grin:

trueroxfan's health:
    :eek:
    [​IMG]

:grin:

16. gambingo

gambingo Member

Also grab a grotisserie chicken, some potato salad, and a foot long turkey sandwich that could be used for lunch the next day. Quick and easy.

17. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Go to the store. Buy only things you'll cook and eat.

Dieting or eating right is really a lifestyle change.

The good groceries you buy should just be habit not something you don't like doing.

And you gotta resist the craving for fast food or restaurant food to like once on the weekend... and thats only if you worked out a couple times during the week.