1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nuns facing at least 6 years in prison for damaging missile silo

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SpaceCity, Jul 25, 2003.

Tags:
  1. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

2. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

I may be Catholic, but those nuns are total idiots who have no concept of what national defense is all about. Did you know that the only instance in military regulations where deadly force is always authorized is in defense of nuclear weapons? They're lucky the sky cops didn't shoot the nuns full of holes and fill 'em full of lead.
    We can't just unilaterally disarm and expect the rest of the world to follow our lead. What utopian hogwash.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Wow, I haven't heard anything about this. Hope God watches over them in prison, I'm pretty sure he's on their side.

How did 3 old ladies get anywhere near a minute man? If 3 old ladies can do it, I'm a little scared of what others can do.

#3 Oski2005, Jul 25, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2003
  4. ilovestrippers

Jesus was a total idiot for being crucified.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

bamaslama,

the newbie has a great point. If moral authorities don't do what they see to be right, if they aren't willing to endure punishment for their beliefs, then what distinguishes them from window dressing?

Separate issue: what's jail time to a nun? Just kidding.

6. bamaslammer

I understand why they are doing what they are doing, but they are wrong. Stupidly wrong.

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

How is that interesting? For its stupidity?

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Those are some hardcore nuns.

Did you get banned? :confused:

9. ilovestrippers

Nah, I'm visiting my sister and friends in Oregon :). I forgot to pack my password. I'll be back to Mr.M on monday.

10. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Is your new moniker a reference to Little Nicky, by chance?

11. B-Bob

Being right all the time, without exception, must get really boring.
    I mean, what is there to think about, or reconsider? What you're having for lunch? What car to purchase next? Man oh man, am I ever glad that I'm stupid and wrong a lot.

12. johnheath

johnheath Member

I agree. They should have been shot on sight.

Their jail sentence is too short.

13. B-Bob

heath,
    you would have made a fantastic Roman soldier. I salute you.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

as far as i can tell, Jesus didn't break the law of his nation. in fact, he told his followers to obey the laws of their nations...

this isn't like these nuns were being affected by some law adverse to the Catholic Church...this was a crime of action...not omission. i don't have much sympathy for that.

15. bamaslammer

I didn't say I was right all the time, at all. I just merely mentioned that they were quite wrong in what they did. All the military has to do to keep these useful idiots away from nukes is to make an example of some of them and shoot them on sight. You'd only have to do it once and then the message would be out. Trespass on a military base containing nukes and you will be shot. They wouldn't dare try it. If you want to protest something, do it in a park. Don't try to destroy our means of deterrance.

16. ilovestrippers

Didn't Jesus say the greatest law is "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind?" I guess the nuns believe that our WMD are in vilolation of that law.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

huh?? no..he said that was the greatest commandment...God's commandment...not the laws of men...he told the people to obey the laws of their nation...to "render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's."

His crime was his identity and his acknowledgement before Jewish leaders of same.

18. bamaslammer

I don't understand your logic here. How is defending ones nation from evil by deterrence defying the greatest commandment? I guess defending oneself is unchristian, according to these idiot nuns.

19. johnheath

johnheath Member

I agree completely, and I would have fed you to a lion without reservation.

These nuclear weapons (that these disgusting nuns tried to sabotage) have been the most useful tool that man EVER invented in the pursuit of freedom and self-determination for all humans.

I would have proposed a toast to the airman that laid those nuns out for their despicable act, but I can't help my attitude- I am a clear thinker.

20. underoverup

underoverup Member

We're all very lucky those Nuns were spotted by the military guards. One more blow and they would have broken through that concrete silo and set off the missile warhead ending all life on earth. :rolleyes: