1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Numerical evidence TMac hurts the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by northeastfan, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Now you are back tracking when people call you out and expose your crappy logic. :rolleyes:

2. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

The statement I made was practically tautological. Your statement, however, demonstrates your inability to read and understand.

3. abc2007

abc2007 Member

northeastfan is Brooksball?

I find their writing styles are very similar.

4. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I guarantee you we are different. He's called me out on a couple of posts in the past! :)

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Suprise! I think you are a big ego person. Why didn't you say you called him out?!

BTW, I think your writing is very impressive. Without a doubt, you are a talented person. But, I think you treat people too ungenerously!

6. gta

gta Member

Stats? What stats? Stats are for losers. McGrady is a winner. He puts up better numbers than most players in the league year after year. So he must be a winner. Team? What team? Team is for losers like northeastfan and DaDakota. We don't care about team. There are too many players in a team. It's hard to memorize all their names and faces. Who cares about them anyway? All we need to know is the greatest, Tracy McGrady. He's the GOAT. He's one of a kind..... or maybe not, his cousin Vince has been there too. But you get my point. He's really special. Just ask any Orlando fans how they have been missing him.

7. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

He's been improving, he hasn't been consistent, and this team needs to start meshing and get and identity NOW. Late January Mcgrady is better than Late December-Early January Mcgrady which is better than November Mcgrady. Do you see how it erroneous to take an average of the last 20 games and say he's going to play like this the next couple weeks?

I'm not even saying your wrong. He might play poorly. But, you have to realize that, although you used numbers to validate your statements, your conclusion is still an assumption (one that ignores a trend of improvement). It should be alarming when, durvasa, a guy that has links to 6 different statistical analysis websites as his sig, says your numerical evidence is not convincing.

8. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Where we play game 7?

Yes HC advantage only help you on a game 7 that's what JVG always said. Especially on the Conference playoff where you go 2-2 1-1 with no advantage at all.

9. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Durvasa and I don't necessarily disagree. He expects TSlack to play better later this year. I don't disagree ... he just isn't playing very well now and it has hurt the team and will likely continue to hurt the team short term.

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

So do you think Tmac will be better for the team once he gets back to more of his old form? Or do you think our chances are better without him? Do you think if we face Utah Yao will suddenly be able to guard Boozer and stop Okur from shooting 3's and the role players with step up big?

11. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

What about when Yao has his piss poor games??
    What about when Alston goes 1-7 one game then 3-12 the next??
    What about when Yao gets out hustle night after night??
    What about when Artest plays on his hurt ankle when he should rest???
    What about when Battier lets his defenders go right by him???
    What about when Chuck Hayes misses point blank free throws??? :mad: :mad:
    What about when Brooks dribbles dribbles then drives to get stripped or block??
    What about when Rick Aldeman plays his starters way to long???

Are you going to blame every little thing McGrady does and say he is hurting the team?? When McGrady doesn't play cause he is hurt he is T-Slack blah blah blah he needs to be traded he has no heart.. Now when McGrady is hurt and he is actually out there trying guys like you and others are saying he is hurting the team but yet he is showing heart that he is trying to play hurt.

Artest sprains or twisted his ankle he is a warrior. Yao has a sore knee he is tough. McGrady has surgery and he is hurting the team cause he wants to be out there with his teammates lol ooh man. Its never going to end.

12. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I don't know what Yao has to do with this ... (there are too many *** and *** on this forum), but here goes.

For the twentieth time, if TSlack plays with energy and hustle and plays actual team basketball, then yes, he will help the team (IMHO).
    If he plays the way he has played in his last 10 appearances, then yes, we are better off without him.
    If we face Utah, I don't know what will happen ... neither does anyone else on this planet. What makes one so certain that 1) we will make the playoffs and 2) we will face Utah in the playoffs?

13. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

I meant layups sorry no edit option

14. yobod

yobod Member

Ok, so then how is he supposed to improve and play better later in the year if you are calling for him to be benched in the short term? I think anyone who has watched any games this year has noticed that T-Mac hasn't been playing good basketball, but I think it's also fairly obvious that he's getting better as the season progresses. The problem with your analysis is that you're isolating those 20 games as if they're in a vacuum, and you aren't taking those games relative to the other 30 some games that we've played. In a dynamic game like basketball, it's not necessarily fair to isolate ANY games, because it's natural for any team (and the individuals on that team) to evolve as the season goes on. I think the Rockets this year should have an * next to them in every single statistical category based simply on the fact that we have yet to field our full squad in a single game so far. Basically, I am disregarding all of Hollinger's stats (and his playoff odds), all of Kamla's stats, and all of the other 50 million analytical websites because the numbers just simply do not pertain to this group. They need time to gel, and practice, and they need time to get healthy. Until then, stats mean nothing IMHO.

15. Omer

Omer Member

All these threads will go away once T-Mac gets his next triple double...

16. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Okay, I ask you to run similar stats to determine if Artest / Yao / Battier / Hayes / etc. help the team. Then let's have a discussion.

I only ran the numbers to determine if what I was seeing and concluding as an impassioned fan had any statistical basis. It appears to.

I have never ever blamed TSlack to sitting out. Injuries happen and they should rest. He should not come back on the floor if he is hurt, though. That does not help anyone.

17. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

No problem. Hayes misses both layups and free throws on a regular basis! ;)

18. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

Stats are overrated but from my eyes i can tell you what i see in games..When Artest hurt his ankle he hurt the team more than he helped by continuing to play when knowing well he should have sat down.

Yao hurts the team by not knowing when to slow down. What i mean by that is he goes so hard and trains so hard that by the end of the season when we need him the most he is already drained and can't really do anything.

Hayes hurts the team more than helps. 6'6 as your pf and back up center sometimes?? I never heard of it. And I don't know if its me but he seems slower. Can't move his feet that well and is getting called for a lot of fouls now.

I understand guys want to play and be out there with their guys but EVERYONE is hurting the team. Believe it or not but Rafer Alston is hurting the team more than anyone else. Calling out teammates and bashing the team is not the way to go. It would have been nice if he actually did his job but the way he is playing or has been playing he should keep his mouth shut.

19. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

This is what Webster refers to as an oxyMORON or a contraDICKtion if you will

20. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

To be fair, he gave the starting five cute nicknames.