1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Number of Ex-Rockets balling in the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jdhi, May 11, 2016.

1. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Still waiting on getting that ipad back :(

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

every player on virtually every team knows they are expendable. i doubt the non-stars on almost any team think their team wouldn't trade them in a heartbeat for an upgrade.

teams develop players when they are already really good or have a durant/westbrook type player who you know is about to become elite. they don't develop the role players on .500 teams who are already 4 or 5 years into their career. of course, the rockets did keep their team together this year and everything exploded.

3. dmoneybangbang

Thanks for showing how many good role players we drafted, it's a shame the timing and available roster spots don't all lineup when building for the Harden era.

4. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Lol, you said Lowry is balling in the playoffs..... He's been choking so hard minus maybe 2 games.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you watch, Dwert will be on that list next year. ;)

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If James Harden was on the market to be traded do you really think any of the GM's with those players would hold them out of the deal to get Harden?

The Rockets had to churn through a lot of good role players to acquire multiple star players... It's over with and done. It's easy to b**** about it now like the op and the DD's of the GARM do but you know damn well that everyone here would choose to go with two star players over a slew of solid role players. Deny that and you are lying out your a$%.

7. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Because we hired the great mchale and his ass benched him for dragic in 2012.

8. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Whiteside, Lin, Lawson :grin:

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He was still going to meet with Toronto!

He's not going to screw them over like that and not even give them a meeting. Even Dwight gave LA a meeting....

We would have been the favorites for like a day or two and that's all..

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, this is correct. Lost Lowry after making him wait on Melo. I don't know if the Rockets could have got him for sure... But if they had... It would have been interesting. The problem though iirc there was still some drama between him and McHale too..

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, this created some rift/drama, so I'm not sure he would have come back anyway...

12. atamirisa

atamirisa Member

13. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

You're the worst kind of idiot.

"I SAID THESE PLAYERS BECAUSE I RECOGNIZE THEIR NAMES AND THEY USED TO BE HERE BUT NOW THEY DO SOMETHING GOOD SOMEWHERE ELSE AND I WISH THEY DID THAT GOOD THING HERE INSTEAD!"

The number of players that haven't played for the Rockets and could have helped us is way more than the number of players who have and could.

14. jdhi

jdhi Member

no you're the worst kind of idiot b/c that last statement doesn't make sense :)

Name one guy on the list (sans Scola) that's not ballin. I see 2 stretch 4's and 2 point guards on that list - both weaknesses of this current team.

15. atamirisa

atamirisa Member

Honestly, the only two names on this last that are really ballin right now are Kyle Lowry and Shawn Livingston. Lowry dominates in the right system, but Livingston would be doing the same thing on any other team. He's way too tall and long for any guard to defend. Imo, Dragic hasn't been THAT great for the Heat, and the Raptors would be just as good without Patterson.

If you look at all our role players, they are very close to what we need. They just shot terribly because as a team, we didn't play in a way conducive to their success (i.e. swinging the ball around and involving them more in the offense as something other than a last resort when the shot clock is expiring). If they left and went to another team, they'd continue to be productive (i.e. Brewer and Ariza). Our gap is the starting point guard position. I love Bev's hustle, but he's not the right guy. That's where we need an upgrade, someone who is a capable leader and that's exactly what Lowry is. If we somehow pull Conley with the right coach who involves everyone in the offense AND defense...watch out.

16. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Can someone tell me when we had Whiteside on this team. I have not been able to find anything about it. I sort of remember him but then I don't.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Morey cant seem to acquire good players without losing good players. 2 steps forward two steps back. It leaves the team lacking like we're standing in place. One year we have a great pg no pf. Next year great sg no pg. Great center for a couple of years no solid role players. One year we have a team full of solid role players but no stars. Meanwhile the players he's trading are improving and he looks silly. What was the point of getting rid of AB for that Jordan guy then trading Lin? As good as Harden is offensively I would rather that everything not be on his shoulders. I cant tell if this is all Morey's fault or Les or both of them together. Is Morey doing damage control on Les's decisions or is it the other way around?

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Number of Rockets NOT balling out in the playoffs?

Where are TWill and Royce White?

19. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Lowry shot less than 30% in 4 games of the first round.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Chasing Bosh was worth it (not knowing his health problems later). We needed upgrade at the PF position and Bosh's style would fit well.

Chasing Melo was dumb. The "key to a championship formula" thing was embarrassing.