1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nuggets, Michael Porter Jr. agree to 5-year, $172M extension

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Sep 27, 2021.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Even if Harden retires today he will have had a far more successful career than any of those cats.

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

That is a big except! A max contract for a mentally fragile cat averaging 10 points a game is VERY TROUBLESOME! I knew it was a bad deal from the moment the story broke, I just don’t see him as a max guy. Nowhere close.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Didn’t think he would have been this bad. Feel bad for Jokic

hakeem94 and B-Bob like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Michael Porter Jr. Undergoes Testing On Back

Michael Porter Jr. will miss Monday's game against the Miami Heat with low back pain.

Porter underwent testing on Sunday afternoon, two sources told The Post. Porter will receive ongoing treatment over the next few days and could miss several games.

Porter appeared to tweak his back only three minutes into Saturday’s game against Houston.

Porter has had two back surgeries and has struggled this season coming off a max rookie extension.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Yikes

clos4life likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

He was never going to live up to this max deal. credit to him for taking advantage at the right time, but he doesn't have it in him to be that type of player. He isn't even versatile. He's nothing more than a solid role player who needs to play next to actual stars who command attention on the floor to win

clos4life likes this.
  7. Pringles

Pringles Member

Yikes. We were blessed with Harden's durability after going through the T-Mac / Yao era....

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

So strange. Siakam has playing in one game this year (Raptors' most recent one) - there's not a big enough sample size yet to determine the effect he'll have on Barnes' growth. Bulls are 6-3 (6-1 to start the season) and Vooch is a big reason why they're pretty good.

In fact, the Bulls' 2-game losing streak have been Vooch's worst games this season, so far. It's as if the Bulls go as Vooch goes. He's pretty important.

Where are you seeing these claims by fans?

BigShasta likes this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What’s Going On With Nikola Vucevic? Bulls Fall to Sixers - YouTube

I don't need to explain Siakam.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Skimmed the video a bit. Seems like a knee-jerk video made off one bad game by a player who's usually very consistent. And of course you don't need to explain Siakam...because there's nothing to explain.

Dude is coming back from injury and has to get acclimated to the speed and conditioning of the game, again. If, in 10 games or so, Vooch still looks like garbage or if Siakam really is impeding Barnes' progress, then you might be onto something.

But Vooch has one or two bad games, Siakam just came back from injury, and you generalize that people from both fanbases want to run these two players out of the city? Come on, man.

11. i3artow i3aller

12. i3artow i3aller

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

MPJr secured the bag…shoutout to him and his agent

I wonder what KPJr would try to demand on an extension

14. vator

vator Contributing Member

You think KPJ is in a place where he can make demands?

Denver should’ve flipped Porter Jr for Harden when they had the chance. Rockets dodge yet another bullet.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

demand might’ve been the wrong word choice…I’m mainly wondering what he thinks he’d be worth and what the Rockets would be willing to give

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The Nuggets took a small gamble taking Porter at the end of the lottery at 14 and gambled big when they gave him a max contract. Unfortunately for them this gamble might not pan out.

17. Asian Sensation

He signed a 5 year extension that could’ve been worth up to $207M. Since he won’t reach any of the 3 All NBA teams this year the max value of the contract will be worth $172M. Still a huge contract but that’s saving $35M for the lifetime of the contract which is not a small amount. The Nuggets weren’t going to win a title this year even if MPJ was healthy so it’s not that big of a deal. They need to focus on getting a 100% healthy Murray to have any type of chance anyway.

If MPJ can get right (big if) and they can bring back a fully healthy Murray and Joker/Gordon next year they should be fine.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

this will always be a absolute horrible decision by denver.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  19. Lovemachine2000

Why they hell did Denver offer that atrocious contract to Porter in the first place? Seems like a bad case of bidding against yourself.

Tuckankhamun and vlaurelio like this.
  20. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

I mean if you gave the contract to jayson tatum I'd think it was pricey at the time (but it may have been worth it)
    For MPJ its hilariously bad