1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nuggets Announcers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Two Sandwiches, Apr 6, 2013.

1. TISNF

TISNF Member

Had the Rockets won, I bet there wouldn't be a thread about this.

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Is something wrong with you? These guys are obnoxious, and biased to the 1st degree. There were plays that Lin made that that idiot just regarded as luck. Worrell and Bullard are biased obviously, but they don't go out of their way to ca;; players floppers every damn time. They actually give the other team a decent amount of credit.

3. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Nah, Hastings has been on my bottom 5 color guys in the NBA for the longest time, the Bucks color guy is there with him also.

I would've rather had that kid RGV analyst that says about 5 words the whole game.

4. Entropy

Entropy Member

Doesn't make it any less true that this guy is a douche and a bad commentator.

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

1.Celtics
    2.Nuggets
    3.Bucks
    4.Lakers
    They have the most obnoxious, doughiest, and most biased bunch I've had to listen to. Only way anyone on this board would put our group in that group are either idiots or just trying to be that guy.

6. Entropy

Entropy Member

The Lakers guy is actually good. He's usually very effusive in his praise for the other team.

7. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

That was unbearable to watch while listening to those aholes.

8. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Yeah Lakers one is actually really great. Just wondering, who is everyone's top 5?

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

This thread is an affront to Tommy Heinsohn and Sean Elliot.
    The OP basically just insulted the Celtics and Spurs announcing team. If you feel the Nuggets are on the Celtics and Spurs level in terms of homerism then Tommy H and Sean E are going to bring it for the rest of the season if they get a look at this thread.

[​IMG]

10. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

Anyone else heard this?

Or when he kept on calling Jeremy Lin, Anderson Lin.

11. poing

poing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8xhQH4U3biM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ka7D6RUAXJg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mo5qzOrdPvY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

To be fair, I wouldn't want Bill Worrell to orgasm into the mic if a Nuggets player posterized a Rockets player. That's just not supporting your people.

But orgasming on an alley-oop pass really broke the camel's back.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tommy is actually entertaining at this point. Just don't take him seriously and know that he's putting on an way over the top curmudgeon act. Gotta treat his excesses like Bill Walton's exaggerations.

Hastings is way worse. Not insightful, not funny, just annoying.

Hastings and Mike Rice (color guy for Portland, father of fired Rutgers coach) are two of the very worst.

14. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Top 5:

Chicago
    Golden State (Well Barnett anyway, can't stand Fitzgerald)
    Portland
    Dallas
    New York

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

This.

Celtics, Bulls, and now the Nuggets announcers all need to stfu for a game or two.

Especially the Bulls guy. Stacey King, I think his name is.

The best announcers that AREN'T also calling nat'l games (looking at you, Mike Breen) have got to be the Clippers announcers.

Give credit where it's due to the opposing team, all while not constantly creaming themselves over the numerous alley-oop passes.

Bingo!

16. Entropy

Entropy Member

1. Denver-Guy sounds like he's one fat hamburger away from a heart attack. Possibly possessed by a demon.
    2. Phoenix-Speaks like a slurring drunk.
    3. Dallas--Homeriest of the Homers.
    4. Utah--Downplays the efforts of the opposing team.
    5. San Antonio--even piss off the players on court.

17. yo

yo Contributing Member

This.

Don't be butt hurt about the beat down, guys. Let's not resort to whining about the announcers.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Nothing to do with this game. I've been b****ing about Hastings since the first year I got League Pass.

19. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

Pretty sure there would be the same amount of complaining about the Nugget's announcing team if the Rockets would have won.

By far the worst announcing team I have heard in a long time, and I have to watch Clyde, Bull, and Worrell on a regular basis.

20. clippy

clippy Member

The best duo in recent memory was Ralph Lawler & Bill Walton. Lawler is so genuine and my god imagine being the voice for such a horrible team for 30 years. Not sure where Bill went but he was just awesome in his hyperbole. The Nuggets guys are the worst I've heard. The Grizzlies commentators used to be really bad too but maybe they've changed.