1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nugget Blogger-Do the Rockets have the assets to acquire Carmelo?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Sep 7, 2010.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What?

So he thinks Luol Deng and Danillo Gallinari are BETTER than Kevin Martin?

And how would the Clippers picks be higher? If they got Melo, they would probably make the playoffs. We have 2 years of Knicks picks that still look like very early picks in the draft.

The blog makes little sense.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Yeah, I stopped reading when I skimmed and saw the insinuation that Luol Deng and Gallinari were superior to Kevin Martin, and that Martin was "grossly overpaid". I don't care what team he's a fan of - if a guy is just pulling stuff out of his ass that's borderline insane, it's probably not worthy of a thread. Ignore the idiots.

3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Actually, its not. If the Knicks are the 8th seed, their draft pick won't be that attractive. Last year, all it took to be the 8th seed in the east was a winning record.

With Curry, Galinari, and Stoudemire, don't you think the Knicks can win 42 games?

4. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

He also seems to think that it is common for teams to offer all star talent for max players looking to leave. He admits that we have pieces but does think any one of those pieces is enough to get it done. In recent memory has this scenario yielded anything except young talent and picks.

Gasol?
    Garnett?
    Shaq?

In fact the Tmac trade (where we traded Francis), may be the last time an all star player was included in a trade that yielded a disgruntled top 10 player.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I want to know why they chose this Kevin Martin picture.

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

the fact that this guy is basing the entire premise of his post with the assumption that denver will be getting fair market value for carmelo and analyzing each player as a one-to-one transaction makes the whole thing a crock of ****. nevermind the fact that he completely downplays our knick picks which is just a total head scratcher.

7. RocketRick

RocketRick Member

I don't. They were 29-53. I do not think Stoudemire adds 13 wins to their team without a pure passing point guard like Nash. Stoudemire is just adding the missing scoring that Lee left. Plus McGrady is gone they have no chance now.

8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Its just some guy from California trying to mess
    with our heads here in Texas! ................. :eek:

We all know that Jello would refuse to play with the Clips!! :p

9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Yes. Remember, the Knicks play in the East, so their chances of sneaking into the 8 seed is much greater than Minnesota's chances would ever be.

I expect those Knicks picks to most likely end up in the 9-12 range (in 2011) and in the 11-16 range (in 2012). The Knicks aren't that good; but they aren't that bad, either.

The T-Wolves, on the other hand, are terrible. My guess is that Rubio may not come over until 2012 instead of 2011 (to get more money based on rookie scale salary rules). That pick is very likely going to be a top-5 pick, if not the #1 overall pick in 2012. Remember, unlike the Knicks' picks, this one is completely UNPROTECTED.

10. hatwin1976

hatwin1976 Member

I feel a little bit sorry for Denver fans, since they know the team might lose Carmelo for nothing.

The truth is hurt. Once closing to the trade deadline, Carmelo can choose to join NY with a little patience to wait a few months longer.

Rockets' assets? They can forget about it. Or lowering your expectations and grab them now. :cool:

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

In 03, Marbury, Marion, and Stoudemire led the Suns to 44 wins in the West.

Also, keep in mind that the Eastern playoff teams will be largely unchanged with the exception of Cleveland. That means the 8th seed is up for grabs, and IMO, it'll be either NY or Indiana. Who else will contend for it?

12. RocketRick

RocketRick Member

True, and Indiana is looking good with some of their new assets. I would say Indiana gets the 8th seed and NY misses with 39-43 record.

13. Hball

Hball Member

Exactly, out of all those teams Rockets are the only team who would still have enough to compete for a championship that's whats makes rockets the favorites imo.

The blogger fails to realize that it's up to melo not the nuggets, regardless if those other teams have a better package or not.

Nuggets just have to take what they can get from the team he prefers otherwise risk loosing him for nothing imo.

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You can't tell me that Brooks and Martin can't yield Anthony.

15. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

why does this guy keep saying "he's good, but not anthony good" dude, you're not going to replace anthony, you're simply trying to get SOMETHING of value in return for his departure...

16. Raven

Raven Member

It depends on what other teams offer.

It depends on where Carmelo (and his wife) want to live.

It depends on how well the Rockets start the season.

It depends on a lot of things that are happening behind the scenes.

Who knows.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Curry won't see the court. Stoudemire will miss his usual 20 games or so per year. No. I won't be surprised if they don't break 25 wins. And I'll be shocked if they break 30. I think their team is worse this year. Not better.

18. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i know it's out of context, but it's still funny to hear.

19. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Really? Martin's contract is bloated? 12 Mil for a 20 ppg player is a bargain. He doesn't hog the ball and draws fouls. I'll take that for 12 mil. Defense? I didn't know the Nuggets had an interest in playing defense. They could do a lot worse than Martin.

20. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

That's the ironic thing....a Nuggets fan talking about defense.....