1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nuclear option

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hakeemtheking, May 10, 2019.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we lost each game by 6 points or less. no other team will avoid the typical blowout loss to the warriors. we are still close.

lack of adjustments from MDA, lack of mentality from harden, lack of play by capela, lack of speed by Paul, none of it mattered as we stayed as close as anyone has.

its on tillman trying to get under the tax. if he matched the warriors spending (+$21M) we win the series. match ariza's contract and use the MLE over the summer and we beat the warriors. don't get caught up in knee-jerk reactions. if tillman refuses to spend we will never win. if he spends we will win.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Finding a way to get a KD, kawhi, AD, or lebron here is the only way you’re changing this team’s chances of winning a title. How that is possible? Who knows. It might not even be. Other than that it’s a repeat of what we’ve seen for years

smp likes this.
  3. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

1st NBA playoff series where every game was decided by 6 points or less.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am for building around PJ Tucker. The Warriors can't handle that dude.

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Calm down. It's very unlikely they're trading Harden. It would be difficult to trade Capela without attaching draft picks or taking back trash in return. No team wants an aging Paul and his giant contract.

So, that leaves us with Tucker and Gordon that have some value and wouldn't be hard to move.

You have to remember that while Rockets fans are near suicidal this morning, the Rockets are still probably a top 3 or 4 team in the league. Tilman and Morey probably aren't looking at the "nuclear option" at this point. The nuclear option being trading Harden.

I could see trying to package Tucker and/or Gordon and maybe picks for a "star" player. We would then hope that Clark and Hartenstein develop into solid rotation players.

I DON'T see how we can accumulate young players and draft picks at this point without trading Harden. I Don't think Tilman or Morey would even consider trading Harden and starting over.

6. thegent

thegent New Member

Yes sir, this is no longer an extreme option

7. smp

smp Member

Harden can't be part of the nuclear option. Everyone else on the roster and front office should be.

I li,e Tucker, CP3, and Rivers but everyone else needs to go. Those guys will probably have to go as well to get rid of the others.

Harden took us to the WCF with a completely different team and style of ball during the Dwight era. Then he did it again with CP3. He's the only guy who is untouchable in my opinion.