1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NSA whistle-blower: Obama “worse than Bush”

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Hightop, Mar 7, 2012.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

really, who whistle blew on bush's administration while he was in office?

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know if you are being sarcastic but there were a few. One that comes to mind at the moment is James Comey, acting AG during GW Bush's first term, told about the attempt to get an ailing John Ashcroft to sign off on attempts to expand the NSA domestic surveillance program from his hospital bed. Comey had refused to do and Ashcroft backed Comey up.

Another one was Richard Clarke who was counter-terrorism czar under Clinton and GW Bush revealed how poorly the Bush Admin. dealt with the Al Qaeda threat prior to 9/11 and also the rush to go and invade Iraq.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't know if you are being sarcastic are an idiot but neither one of those instances are like what this thread is about.

drake outed a secret program.

comey told about some gossip and clarke told us what we already knew. look up whistle blower before you jump in. tia

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well I guess since what Clarke said wasn't a big deal then there was no reason for members of the Bush Admin. and supporters to try to trash him and consider legal action against him?

As far as Comey's "gossip" that was in congressional testimony, was also corroborated, and regarding something that was considered highly unethical as a way to skirt legal standards in place. Revealing something like that falls under as whistle blowing.

Anyway why are you so bitter about this? Where you trying to make some point about defending Obama to Rhad's criticism? I don't agree with Rhad that Obama is worse than Bush but it's a simply untrue blanket statement that there weren't whistle blowers in the Bush Admin..

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

comey was called to testify. he didn't initiate any investigation. you're not a whistle blower because you testified when you were called to.

i'm bitter because rhad makes blanket statements that he can't back up and then he thinks he's too good to defend himself when he's called out.

i have very high standards for whistle blowing. it used to piss me off when sharon watkins of enron was called a whistle blower when she didn't report anything to any law enforcement agency.

again, look up the term whistle blower before your next response if you choose to continue to be wrong

6. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I started an entire thread dedicated to this topic, full of posts related precisely to these accusations, with experts explaining why they are relevant and how they are being done on a scale and with a temerity virtually unheard of. Here is one of my personal favorites from that thread that perfectly validates Drake's message in the OP.

Coincidentally, in that thread you eventually got called out for being an inconsistent twit.

I have my own suspicions as to why you're following me around like a lost puppy but, honestly, I just don't really give a flying **** what you say. It's just boring background noise at this point. Adios.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

are there any instances of whistle blowing against bush's administration while he was in office? you have one instance of a guy whistle blowing, drake. the rest of those cases, like prosecuting anti war protesters does not fit the bill. i'm not going to go through and see what those cases are about, hell they could be about damaging property.

#27 pgabriel, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

and drake was prosecuted for a legit reason that i'm not arguing he was right or wrong about. he outed a secret program.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

this is typical rhad, look what i posted. its not even releavant to the topic. obama denying information requests and whistleblowing are two different subjects. show me where who did something like drake, outed a secret program, said the government was lying about economic information, anything during the bush administration and that person not being prosecuted.

i respond to you with facts, you just don't like to be challenged. i had to call you out in another thread where a poster challenged you, you gave some bs response and when you were challenged you said you were drunk, LOL

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

last but not least

i'm not the only person who has accused you of just lumping a bunch of info in a thread and making accusations. from your thread, the guy who just defended your blanket incorrect statement accused you of the same thing. this is after you criticized obama for things that went on from 01-08

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

what really gets under my skin on this subject is these people were either too scared or not ethical when bush was in office, now they want to come out and get upset when the government fights back. not defending the gov't, but they are gonna protect their interests. i don't know why people would assume they would not.

12. rhadamanthus

My my, your panties truly are in a wad, pgabriel.

Thomas Tamm is probably the most famous Bush era whistleblower that I can think of offhand. I'd argue that Judoka has perfect cause to call Comey or Clarke a whistleblower, but you seem reluctant to agree, pointing out a degree of subjectivity here. To that end, your accusation is moot, as usual.

As for your cherry-picked post from Judoka in the wiretapping thread, that's just sad man. In the next two posts Judoka agrees with my lumping them together, because Obama's admin excused the FBI from any wrongdoing in a secret ruling.

Now please, post another eight time in a row. I promise not to reply this time.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

comey testified in a trial in which he was called to testify, how is that whistleblowing. i'm not playing semantics.

go to wiki, thomas tamm's house was raided in 07. try again hommie.

he never agreed that lumping it together was right, just that the other case was also troubling

#33 pgabriel, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

as a matter of fact, drake's house was raided in 07 so his case started then and then it was dropped by the obama adminsistration.

so drake's problems begin under bush, they end under obama, yet obama is worse than bush on whistle blowers.

this is so freakin easy proving you wrong i think i'll quit. have a nice day rhad

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

7 of the last 8 posts are by the same poster backing up his own claims with short posts. Pgabs, calm down man.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

sorry, seriously.

17. rhadamanthus

A former CIA officer was indicted on Thursday for allegedly disclosing classified information to journalists. The restricted disclosure included the name of a covert officer and information related to the role a CIA employee played in classified operations. The indictment charges John Kiriakou with one count of violating the Intelligence Identities Protection Act for allegedly illegally disclosing the identity of a covert officer and with three counts of violating the Espionage Act for allegedly illegally disclosing national defense information to individuals not authorized to receive it. The count charging violation of the Intelligence Identities Protection Act, as well as each count of violating the Espionage Act, carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison, and making false statements carries a maximum prison term of five years. Each count carries a maximum fine of $250,000.

Links and words from slashdot.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UmzYR4IQ_kM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I didn't even have to read your joke of a thread before agreeing with the sane people of America.

There's no way that Obama is worse than Bush in ANY category. He's even done a better job in the realm of foreign policy, war and catching Bin Laden.

Bush failed miserably in every category. I still shudder when I think about how awful he was with Hurricane Katrina and his overall relationship with minorities.

Obama is not the best, but he shouldn't be in the same sentence as Bush.

If you want an equal comparison for Bush's decision-making capabilities and intellect, consider Snookie next time.