1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now we know why Barkley is mad at the rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by phantoman, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, in all honesty, for some reason I believe something may have gone down simply because of the way that whole situation ended in Chuck being a Rocket. I remember reading an article earlier this year about Charles initially saying he was getting too old to play, that it was a crazy league when Matt Bullard was making more money than he was, etc. That later turned into he was entertaining offers from the Sonics, Jazz, etc. Then "wham, bam" a week or two later he's magically a Rocket. lol.

I still don't get the whole not attacking the owner and Dason but attacking current employees other than his revenge motive being to make them look bad now. But it's still weird he leaves Les out.

2. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Barkley has every right to be angry. I have no respect for anybody who renege on a handshake deal. And yes, I believe Barkley.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This was said AFTER he had gone off on TV, and clearly had someone talk to him about it, this was ONLY during his apology.

DD

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, if it's the people twenty years ago treated him badly, why is he criticizing the current people who had nothing to do with what did to him? I guess it's a classic case of guilt by association.

Anyway, Barkley isn't a logical dude. I can't believe he once wanted to be the governor of Alabama.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He was apologizing for acting unprofessionally in response to their tweets. When you're forced to apologize, you apologize for the statements you made and state that they were unprofessional. He did that. But at the end of his apology, he also added that Les treated him great which, at least on the surface, seems like a direct contradiction to everything he's been saying. Whether he was forced into an apology or not, he didn't have to make himself out to look like a liar by adding that last part. I don't think he's lying, but clearly he either tripped up during the apology or is a bumbling idiot (well, the latter is probably true regardless). And now he is back to saying he's owed money again.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets have not made a statement on Barkley's story.

They have responded with Silence

Words like violence
    Break the silence
    Come crashing in
    Into my little world
    Painful to me
    Pierce right through me
    Can't you understand?

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Who knows what went down - -well, Owner Alexander and talker er player Barkley do. CD and Rudy T probably. It seems simple enough, to me at least, that if Chuck's version has real legs then he could have effed LA back then.

Stern would have had to have dealt with it.

Yes, I fully believe the take less get paid later concept. Magic Johnson did that the previous decade in LA. Buss took good care of Johnson.

But, did it go down just like Charles says? No, DD, I don't buy it. Alexander has morality issues and god issues but I do not believe he is stupid enough to have been caught in this. At least just as Barkley iterates and reiterates and rerereiterates scooby-dooby-do.

8. alethios

alethios Member

Words are very unnecessary
    They can only do harm

1 person likes this.
  9. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

So disgusted with Les. This is the final straw for me as a Rockets fan. I'm getting rid of all my Rockets gear. Probably will hop on the Cavaliers wagon now. Geez.

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

So Barkley admits he's a loser then?

11. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Good Riddance!! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!!!

D-rock likes this.
  12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Did the buzzard survive?

D-rock and NickKent like this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

You are biased dude against Charles.

Obviously you didn't watch it live or looked at everything going on the court.

Seriously why would you have your power forward out vs a point guard?

15. tinman

Supporting Member

He can go on Glassdoor and tell everyone the Rockets screwed him over

16. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

For those of you who care, The Jump is about to discuss this after the commercial break.

Otherwise noteworthy, Tmacs hands look enormous compared to Jimmy Buttlers.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

The jump ?
    Did they name that after what tmac does after he doesn't like playing for that team?

#77 tinman, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Barkley's still mad because Scottie didnt treat his sister right when they were dating.

[​IMG]

19. alethios

alethios Member

No, Chuck ate it.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

let's see if you are speaking the truth

here's the clip

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qobv8yUTJ_E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

if you were watching the series, barkley and malone matched up because they play the same position.

Drexler is trying to go around Malone to get to Stockton .

See what happens.