1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now they tell us: Iran fired at unarmed US drone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Nov 8, 2012.

1. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

would've been useful info to have a few days ago.

--
    Iran fired on an unarmed U.S. drone last week as it was hovering in international airspace, the Pentagon announced Thursday.
    Spokesman George Little said the incident, which marks the first time the Iranians have fired on a U.S. drone, occurred Nov. 1 at 4:50 a.m. ET. He said the unarmed, unmanned drone was conducting "routine surveillance" over the Persian Gulf when it was "intercepted" by Iran. He said the MQ1 Predator drone, which was not hit, was not in Iranian airspace.
    According to Little, two Iranian jets fired twice, missing on both attempts -- the drone headed away from the Iranian coast, landing safely soon after at an undisclosed location. The Iranian jets pursued the drone for a short period before giving up.
    Little said the U.S. government has protested to the Iranians. Asked about how the U.S. could respond, he said: "We have a wide range of options from diplomatic to military."
    He would not say whether there were actually plans for a military response. Asked if this should be considered an act of war, Little said he didn't want to get into "legal characterizations" of the event.
    Little stressed that the drone was flying 16 nautical miles off the coast of Kuwait in international waters, and never entered the 12-mile limit that would constitute Iranian territory.
    The Pentagon announced the incident as the administration imposed a new round of financial sanctions against Iranian officials and entities. They marked the first sanctions since President Obama's re-election Tuesday. According to the Treasury Department, the move was "related to the Iranian government's human rights abuses, its support of terrorism and Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps."
    The drone encounter comes after a U.S. drone crashed in Iran late last year. Iran claimed to have shot it down, but U.S. officials said it merely malfunctioned and crashed.
    Little said the U.S. will continue to run surveillance missions in the region.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/08/iran-fired-at-us-drone-pentagon-says/#ixzz2BflOnwAJ

1 person likes this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Member

This could have changed the New Hampshire outcome.

3. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

Come on 'asso, you're not even trying anymore; misspelled words in the thread title, formatting is all crappy, show some spunk and fight the good fight.

Mitt Romney is counting on you to turn the electoral tide.

5. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Keep up the bad fight, maybe one day it won't roll back down on you.
    [​IMG]

6. ChievousFTFace

HI I AM BASSO LET ME START A THREAD ABOUT SOMETHING I THINK YOU SHOLD GET FURIOUS ABOUT EVEN THOUGH YOU MOST LIKELY DONT CARE AND I DONT CARE THAT YOU DONT CARE I AM POSTING IT ANYWAYS AND I WILL DO THE SAME THING ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE EITHER LATER TODAY OR TOMORROW

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

If only the people knew that an unmanned robot plane had been fired upon and missed by Iran, Romney would have won all 50 states!

So close.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

There's that damn rat again, stuck behind the sheet rock, scratching, trying to get out. Starving for its cheese. Must be a drag to not get that cheese payment for starting threads. What a bummer for the rat. Poor, poor starving rat.

9. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

For a group who constantly rants about Republicans being blind sheep, you all are sure quick to dismiss this CONTINUED cover up.

Obama or his administration officials sat on information and lied to the public. They repeatedly denied to answer ANY questions about the events prior to the election. They put the public on the backburner so they could win. It's becoming increasingly obvious.

Now you throw in that Iran fired at one of drones in INTERNATIONAL waters, and we don't find out until a week later...which happens to be after the election. They claim it was a "top secret mission," but that it was also "routine." Interesting...

This, from a guy who promised transparency.

Looking forward to the next four years...

1 person likes this.
  10. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

According to CNN the drone was 16 miles off Iran's coast.

From the sound of it, Iran fired warning shots at the drone. Predator drones move much slower than fighter jets and doesn't have anywhere near the maneuverability. Pretty sure Iran could have shot it down if they really wanted to.

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

America doesn't care

12. Codman

Codman Member

Basso, why are you still posting? You have no reason to. No credibility, no respect, no substance. Get lost.

13. heypartner

heypartner Member

What? Is this like "Russians fire on an unarmed U2 plane?"

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Heck screw the American people, try the Hague. The rights of non-sentient recording devices must be preserved. I don't even know what the moral arc is for this story. Routine espionage, really?

15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

Sounds about right...

16. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Whyyyy Obama, whyyyy wouldn't you tell us about this earth shattering event! Oh me oh my what have we done America!

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. edwardc

edwardc Member

basso give it up dude .

19. Qball

Qball Member

Yes, because if I knew on election day that this happened, I would have instead voted for the guy wanting to start a war with Iran. :rolleyes:

20. glynch

glynch Member

Old Basso the perpetual chickenhawk seeking some more war.

Hey, how are the kids? Chickenhawks , too? They should be getting about old enough to join up and ship out for some war action.