1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now that ______ has been eliminated from the playoffs...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, May 4, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Which team hangs up/says no first?

I think the Pacers do.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Rockets defense would still suck with Paul George, their offense would be worse because PG is a chucker.

3. SHOKI3

SHOKI3 Member

George hill for Jeremy Lin i call it now we get a 3D PG and pacers get a real floor general

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We already have Beverley, the black George Hill. The defense is gonna be less than satisfactory if Harden continues to play ****ty no effort d no matter who plays PG.

We can add defenders all we want, but having one of the very worst defenders in the league out there close to 40 mpg is going to hold your defense back no matter who else you put on the roster.

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The Pacers would be thrilled to take JLin for George Hills' atrocious contract

6. SHOKI3

SHOKI3 Member

LOL LIN AND HILL BOTH HAVE ATROCIOUS CONTRACT!,,

7. SHOKI3

SHOKI3 Member

George Hill has better 3pt Shot and offense though. Remember when Beverley played off the bench he has more energy to disrupt the offense.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So having some of the best defenders doesn't seem to help either. (Dwight, one of the best defenders in the NBA...)

It seems Harden's defense wasn't ever this big a problem on the Thunder...

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nope, Lin is expiring next year and Hill has three more years at eight million.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He got worse. In fact, I think he got worse even compared to 2012-13.

I don't know if it's stamina, minor injuries, drug habits or what. He just needs to fix it. Can't have your leading star doing this if you really want to be a contender for a title.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Personally, I think he got worse because we have no semblance of team defense. Everyone just goes out there and does whatever, guards whoever, makes decisions without discipline. He can't hide behind a good disciplined team.

If he were on the Pacers his defense would look a lot better. If he was on the Bulls too or if JVG coached this team.

I don't think any player is going to solve this. The coaches have to teach defensive principles better. I would put it all on Harden's feet but he's not the only guy that makes big mistakes on defense either.

Any ways, I think the Pacers need a better PG. Lin would be a nice fit for them, i don't know their cap situation though. A guy like Lowry would put them over the top I think.