1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now lets ALL Say the truth about STEVE FRANCHISE..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElVenezolano, Jun 29, 2004.

1. ElVenezolano

ElVenezolano Contributing Member

Well i dont know if you all agree but :

1) Steve is not a true PG

2) Steve had to many TO´s last season

3) Steve didnt know how to set up Yao well enough

Feel free to add on:

Welcome TMAC

2. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

hmm....lol

3. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Don't pile on. The guy played his ass off for the Rockets. He just ultimately didn't fit this team. I wish him the best and hope he has great success in Orlando.

5. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

This has been said a million times before on this site, where have you been?

Steve is a GREAT player and Yao was a big part of the blame for last season's results, but the burden always falls on Steve. I'm not going to get into a war over Steve and Yao on this subject because I love them both. The good things should be said about Steve now, not the bad.

The truth: Steve will be missed and it sucks that he couldn't keep going for the title with the team that was built and was starting to gel. Steve is a great player.

6. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Good luck to the boys that were traded. Steve busted his arse while he was here. Cat, Steve and Kelvin will always be Rockets in my book.

7. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Thanks for SF3, Cat, and Cato being a big part of the Rockets family for the last several years. You will always be Rockets in my books.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I've been very critical of Steve. But he's been at least my second favorite player for quite some time now (Cuttino has been my favorite).

I wish him well in Orlando.

9. tslee98

tslee98 Contributing Member

Steve gave the Rockets heart. He played with passion. He didn't make the right decision all the time, or even most of the time, but his decision came from a fiery competitiveness. Best of luck in Orlando to Francis, Mobley and Cato. They are a playoff team next year.

10. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

What Jeff said...

Steve was a 100%er, and there are a lot of players in this league that aren't. He had his flaws, but I'm glad he was a Rocket, and wish him well.

11. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

Francis is a fantastic player, but he just didn't fit in with the Yao/JVG system. He works hard and will be even better in the weaker East. He's not a traditional JVG point guard (which the Rockets required), but he's still one of the best points around.

That Francis could net one of the top 3-5 players in the league says a *lot* about his value. He'll thrive in Orlando.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Here Here!

No matter what, we were all this excited the day that Stevie was traded to the Rockets. He played harder than anyone for this team. Unfortunately, there was something missing holding the Rockets back. I hope he continues on with his great career and that we see him soon in the NBA Finals. The same goes for Cuttino and Cato.

13. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Thanks Steve, Cat and Cato for the memories!!! I've always been a huge SF3 fan and always will. The Magic is my 2nd favorite team

14. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

That said, I think the Rockets made out like bandits. They got one of the top young players in the league, a (now) underrated Howard and a solid point in Lue. Gaines could develop into a contributor as well. Great move by the Rockets.

15. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Steve gave it his all every night, and I wish him the very best.

Cuttino is my second....possibly first.....favorite Rocket of all time--maybe because I always saw him as an underdog. That being said, I do this trade every time.

16. 12345

12345 Member

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

no question about steve desire and talent

he had plenty of both

the only problem was with the direction houston was going in, his style of play did not fit with the way the rockets wanted to build. its as simple as that really nothing else. i'll continue to root for steve regardless unless the magic happen to be playing the rockets even then i wish him the best as long as houston wins. please just trying to bash on a player who played his heart and soul out for a team is silly. remember when steve still played during the season with his migraines back in 01-02? he never quit and thats what i'll always remember steve for

18. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

The truth about Steve Francis is that he busted his ass here for years, and I thank him for his effort, and wish him luck.

19. jshabang

jshabang Member

Steve was a round peg in a square hole thats all.......

Steve gave 100% everynight..played thru injuries....always came in to camp in shape...he just was a Victim of

T FREAKIN MAC.........

About 95% of the league would be traded for this guy...so don't feel bad Mr. Franchise:cool:

20. Coolrush

Coolrush Contributing Member

Good luck in Orlando Steve and Cat. And thanks for always playing hard and never quitting.