1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now it gets interesting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Nov 22, 2022.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Per Silas, Bruno can possibly be back on Friday. With Garuba playing well and Sengun in the rotation, how do he divide the minutes?

Also, there is talk of KJ replacing Gordon as the starter as the SF to shake things up.

What do you think?

2. Mattician

Mattician Member

Yes to KJ starting over Gordon.

Bruno, idk. I kinda just wanna roll with Sengun and Garuba with Bruno getting the least minutes of the 3.

Entropy, BallSoHarden, carib and 14 others like this.
  3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Its all good.

My only gripe is I think Garuba should just take Brunos spot, while Sengun continues to thrive in his bench role.

I think that KJ and Eason together have been in our most productive lineups. More KJ is always good, and I hope we can extend him.

HP3, Futron, abaker28 and 5 others like this.
  4. maj21

maj21 Member

Honestly, these rotations are so hard. I would hate to be Silas with having to figure it out. This is why a trade needs to happen. Freeing up EG’s 30 min per game would be a great start.

BigShasta, Futron, ramotadab and 10 others like this.
  5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds to me like Bruno is going to start, he matches up better size wise with starting centers, Sengun will back him up and Garuba will get mins at the 4/5 spots.

I think they need a trade; Gordon, Tate and possibly one of the three centers need to go.

It's going to be INTERESTING

Futron, bj3175 and Corrosion like this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Alp is bigger than Bruno

cml750, persian hoopa, Futron and 5 others like this.
  7. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Trade Gordon and a pick for a point guard or Gordon for a veteran point guard such as Derrick Rose or Mike Conley. Utah already have Collin Sexton as a point guard on the bench. Sengun start at Center and Fernando backup, Jabari start at PF and Garuba back up. Martin starts and Tari back up and cut Nix and bring up TyTy

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

None of this is really that interesting.
    I mean considering its all we got, sure.
    But Silas will f' it up somehow.
    They will continue to be generally very bad.
    Lots of people will be mad their favorite dudes/vision for the team isn't what Silas is doing.
    Fans will continue to attend games in insanely low numbers.
    JG will have great stretches and some bad stretches.
    KPJ will continue to make you want to pull out all your hair.

Then it will be rinse, wash repeat next offseason/year.

The only really interesting move the organization could make to me, RIGHT NOW, would be firing their coach, since he's awful.

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whatever happens, you cannot play Sengun and Garuba a lot of minutes at the 4/5 together as there's just not enough athleticism.

maj21, Futron and javal_lon like this.
  11. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Bruno played well at the beginning of the year. I think you just move Garuba to the 4 and play them together off the bench. Then, you reduce Bari's minutes and Gordon's minutes some. Eliminate Nix's minutes and just tough it out without a backup PG for a few minutes a game.

I say you do that for a few weeks and give Bruno a chance to see if he's worth playing the kind of minutes he was playing before. If he's clearly worse than Sengun and Garuba then take him back out of the lineup.

In the long term, trading Eric Gordon would help. You move KJ to the starting 3, Tari to backup 3, and that opens up more frontcourt minutes.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Kj has earned the right to start at the 3. He’s better for that spot than Gordon. EG should be coming off the bench at the 2.

Giving Bruno minutes over Garuba or Sengun would be a big mistake. Those two need every minute they can get. Bruno should be an insurance policy. I want to see more of that Garuba-Jabari-Tari front court that we saw the other night.

13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

There are going to be some interesting decisions moving forward. I have been waiting on this. I think the Rockets are going to pick out 8 or 9 players that they want moving forward and the rest are going to be tradable. The most interesting spots are going to be in the front court and EG of course.

I think they are going to look at which players can play MULTIPLE positions and go from there. Like, Garuba, Tari, Jabari, KJ and Tate all of those players are interchangeable, they can play the 3, 4, or 5 depending on matchups.

Players that are one position players are Sengun and Bruno. I think one of those players will be moved. Especially if we get Wembanyama

Futron, Easy and Aruba77 like this.
  14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think Bruno is going to start....just saying.

Futron likes this.
  15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

interesting. I’m glad to hear this because we need to consolidate; we can’t develop all the young talent on our roster. I think 4 guys that for sure stick are KPJ, Green, Tari and Jabari.

I do agree that Sengun might be a trade candidate. And I look back to all those draft conversations in the summer and laugh about the Paolo/Sengun fit. So irrelevant given where we are at in our rebuild.

I really like Sengun mind you, but unless he becomes a much better shooter and defender, his upside in today’s game is questionable.

Futron, Corrosion and hlmbasketball like this.
  16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

My suggestion for the starters, which I selected in the off season:-
    FERNANDO
    SMITH
    EASON
    GREEN
    PORTER.........................Y

Corrosion likes this.
  17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Good, I hope he limits Sengun to 17-18 mins and that would be the last straw for Stone.

persian hoopa likes this.
  18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Who's the PG or guard opposite Green?

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

That pretty well sums it up. Though I think trading Gordon for a future pick would be the thing to do instead. Would give more burn to TyTy.

cryout75 likes this.
  20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Y’all still trying to get rid of Sengun smh

Zen Tabak and Ankara1923 like this.