1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now is the time to push

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by landryMVP, Mar 1, 2011.

1. landryMVP

landryMVP Member

I know 90% of this board wants to tank but I would still love some playoffs! and the next six games could go a long way into sliding inot that 8th seed.
    The Grizzlies are currently in the 8th but their next six games are rough.

Tue, Mar 1 vs San Antonio
    Fri, Mar 4 vs New Orleans
    Sun, Mar 6 @ Dallas
    Mon, Mar 7 vs Oklahoma City
    Wed, Mar 9 vs NY Knicks 8:00 PM
    Sat, Mar 12 @ Miami 3:30 PM

With a little help, that is a possible 6 game losing streak. If we can do our part it can help us slide in, or get right back in the race. Here is our next 7.

Tue, Mar 1 @ Portland
    Wed, Mar 2 @ Los Angeles
    Sat, Mar 5 vs Indiana 8:30 PM
    Mon, Mar 7 @ Sacramento 10:00 PM
    Tue, Mar 8 @ Phoenix 9:00 PM
    Sat, Mar 12 vs San Antonio 8:30 PM
    Mon, Mar 14 vs Phoenix 8:30 PM

5-2 if not 6-1 we can do it! especially if we can pick up 2 wins against the suns. Lets not give up, a playoff run could still be in the making!

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It should always be time to push...there's no room not to

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I was going to post the same thing saying 'now is our playoffs'

we are either going to sink or swim these next 10-15 games and they will make or break us.

If we don't win 80% of the next games we don't deserve to be there. You can't go into the playoffs and expect losing to be part of the plan.

if we lose and just keep getting bad breaks I can live with that.I hope these guys can show some heart and man up. The time is now.

I am turning off the dvr and watching this stuff live now.its exciting now. sitting through each and every k mart free throw and commercial I'm there and hope we can win.

The time is now and it is make or break. We need a win streak worth talking about and some heart. We are not going to win any defensive awards anytime soon but I hope we can play hard. If we lose and do it without trying I will be disappointed.

I'm excited about these next few games. Tonight is huge.

4. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

I love the optimism here. I am one of those whose eyes were set of playoffs rather thank tanking all the day.

If we lose tonight, we are going to have 5 threads on how we really can't make it... it's a dream and all that.

We might lose easily tonight. I give them 30% chance. You are playing a tough team that is very good at home.

Key is not tonight. Key is winning games that you absolutely are favored in to, such as:

Below .500 teams at home: vs Sacramento, vs LA Clippers, vs Charlotte, vs Golden State, vs Indiana

Bottom 3 teams on the road: @ Minnesota, @ New Jersey, @ Sacramento, @ LA Clippers

That's 9 games we absolutely must win.

We will win two of these: vs Utah vs Phoenix vs Atlanta @ Philadelphia (Utah and PHX - preferably)

Now we are 11-2

Now - Tough games: @ Miami vs San Antonio vs San Antonio vs Dallas @ Portland vs Boston @ New Orleans @ Phoenix. Win two of these...

We are 13-8 = 43-39.

Most important thing is winning all those 9 games that we must win. If we do that, I can bet that we will win 4 of those 12 for sure.

5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

How do you know that 90% of this board wants to tank? Just want to know.

6. Mooch

Mooch Member

I believe and I am not that 90%.

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Rockets actually have a decent shot at this, my biggest complaint was that they couldn't beat playoff teams but they've done just that recently. They have stumbled a bit against losing teams and may cost them long run but overall have improved a great deal with their consistency. Time to NUT UP or SHUT UP folks, win 15 of 21 and the playoffs would all but be assured however anything less and it will be tough.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vCadcBR95oU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. landryMVP

landryMVP Member

Just being a little dramatic i suppose

10. liljojo

liljojo Member

I seriously doubt 90% of this board ever wanted to tank.

Tanking is for losers, and my Rockets are not losers.

11. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I think most people would agree, tanking is not the answer.

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

"Now is the time to push"

that's what she said!

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I agree at time it seems like it though I agree...

14. jocar

jocar Member

Thanks for the breakdowns in this thread. Of course, I'd rather be locked in for the playoffs, but you can't deny it's so much fun to watch when every game is do or die. :) (p.s. Portland plz die tonight. Thx.)

15. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

If Rockets can win the game they should win, they would not even been in current position.

The reality is: the Rockets will lose games they should win.

Rockets are what the ranking is.

Wake up.

16. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

true fans do not support tanking never !!

:mad::mad::mad:

1 person likes this.
  17. landryMVP

landryMVP Member

naw, if that's the case then I will keep sleeping

18. valorita

valorita Member

With the West's 5-10 teams being so close together in terms of record, I think it will only take 43-44 wins (with favorable head-to-head matchups against rivals) to sneak into the playoffs this year.
    That means we need to go 14-7 for the rest of the games, which doesn't seem so tough, until you look at the schedule and realize that it's not as easy as it seems.

If we end up going lottery, I really hope that they change the system to a true equal opportunity lottery system.

As our favorite Argentinian says, "Eeetz a big game for us" :grin:

19. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Of all the top 4 teams in the west, I think we match up incredibly well with the Spurs and I would love to see that in the first round.

I think we will make the playoffs. We have a favorable schedule and teams that were sellers at the deadline slowly falling to us.

20. amaru

amaru Member

I don't see how we match up well with them at all. They would beat us in 5 easy.

Even if we squeak into the playoffs, we are not a playoff team imho. All we would be is a first round snack (barring a major injury)