1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

November 3rd, 2009

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 28, 2009.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

For a number of the posters in this forum, that is apparently what passes for debate and discussion.

It is like watching a couple of punk kids that are mad at each other screaming F.U. at each other again and again in lieu of an actual fight.

In fact, some of these posters truly may not have anything else to add to the conversation. So they have a choice between name calling and personal attacks, or quietly lurking out of site.

That makes me think of a poster I rember seeing quite a few years ago:

"Better to keep you mouth closed and appear stupid,
    Than to open your mouth and remove the doubt."

In any case, this is obviously not how a person who has class and intellect behaves. Quite the opposite.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think there is too much to be taken away from yesterday's elections. Voter turnout was down and Republicans capitalized in Virginia, Corzine, saddled with a bad economy and a corruption, lost a narrow election and in NY 23 disunity among Republicans led to a Democrat winning.

None of these, other than low voter turnout, strike me as much of a sign of a trend and even the low voter turnout would be indicative of an odd year election.

3. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it was a playful jeu de mot, mais, je ne suis pas surpris que tu ne comprends pas.

4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Everybody understands what you were trying to do, you dandy. They just all agree you failed at it.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agree with you. People who read a lot into yesterday's election are either deluded or just wishful thinking.

6. basso

Supporting Member

Sarah Palin, and the good Conservatives of NY-23 all got it.

7. Batman Jones

Yes, and contrary to your assurances they all lost too.

8. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

so lets recap

VA gov race - R candidate tells Sarah to stay away - Win for R
    NJ gov race - see VA
    NY23 - Sarah campaigns for Independent candidate - Loss

what does this tell us?

9. Batman Jones

It cracks me up how basso's favorite Republicans are among the most unpopular, failed politicians around: He still likes Palin best of all, he was all over endorsing Steele, he's acting like Hoffman won and he's one of the few R's around that hasn't disowned Bush/Cheney. Talk about a fantasy world.

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Well, he's got nothing else left to hold on to, right? :)

11. basso

Supporting Member

i made short ribs tonight, and opened a nice cote rotie. i'm holding on just fine.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The full frontal embrace of hoffman is this year's commemorative basso election FAIL - I guess he thinks it pisses us off.

Oh, it sure does piss me off to see basso line up with a nitwit empty suit who got pushed to the forefront of the republican ticket of some upstate craphole because Rush, Palin etc didn't like the moderate republican's stance on gay marriage/abortion etc - who then promptly got spanked in the general election in a district that has been solid republican for the 137 straight years since Ulysses S. Grant was re-elected.

let me tell you that I am really rankled. I just came back from vacation yesterday, and now I am rankled to the core. All of it has been undone. :(

13. basso

Supporting Member

man up, sam.

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

15. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

What oh what will the crazies do when the big O signs healthcare legislation into law!?!?!

:D

16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I am glad to see that you referred to the bill as "healthcare legislation" rather than "healthcare reform". It is an important distinction that you got exactly right.

17. basso

Supporting Member

i don't think anybody in DC is getting fomtotable....