1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Novak in 3pt contest

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by anelka3913, Mar 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haha - you poor soul. Dark, indeed. I remember hearing a lot about him so he was marketable in some way. But, yeah, I don't think he would have been picked had he not been on that Heat team the year before.

My original point was simply that he is not the same as Craig Hodges circa 1991. Back then they picked a little more based on stats and ability. The college 3 poiint contest usually has better shooters than the NBA because they still go with ability (and obviously Novak cleaned up that one).

2. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

wasnt novak a big name in his college??? he was thier leading three pointer and won the 3 point contest am i right??

3. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

u should be happy about novak since u have a an autographed jersey of novak, it becomes more valuable now since hes making lots of 3's, u should consider put it on ebay lool j/k.

4. Hmm

Hmm Member

i still keep waiting for the year when we finally get some representation in the contest..

5. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Maybe James White can earn a spot on the Rockets next season and enter the dunk contest. I'd LOVE to see him win it over Lebron at next years All-Star weekend.

...but I have a feeling that if Lebron even enters he will be the champion regardless if this seasons horrible staging is repeated.

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Kenny Smith was in it in 93, he was in the dunk contest also.

7. misterNguyen

misterNguyen Member

in that case, yao should be in it. he's 100% from beyond the arc! :D oh wait, this year's 3pt shoot out is past...

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

the above simply doesn't really apply..

it's been 16 years.. the better part of 2 decades.. it's like trying to dissuade desire for a championship in the now.. by pointing out how we've already won in the distant past.. it just isn't all that pertinent..

not to mention I wasn't even a fan of the sport back then.. let alone the team..