1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Notre Dame Videographer Dies at Practice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fyreball, Oct 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Pretty messed up. Here one day, gone the next...

T-minus 10 minutes until TMZ releases the footage of his descent.

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

pretty f'd up...if its that bad, get the hell down from there...ridiculous...RIP

4. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Is this real?

6. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

i think it is...saw the same thing on the news........thats a horrible story

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Someone definitely needs to get canned over this. If he had time to send out tweets up there, they had time to recognize that it was dangerous for him to be up there and get him down.

I don't necessarily blame them for sending him up, but once he's up there I'm sure the thing was swaying back and forth. Surely they had time to get him down.

Reading Kelly's quote kind of pisses me off. He takes no responsibility (or at least responsibility for his staff) and seems like they had nothing to do with the death. Pure negligence.

8. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Wow this is terrible. 60 mph winds up on the tower= get f down idc who or what the occasion is for.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Horrible.

Somebody in the ND AD is getting absolutely s***canned ASAP over this.

10. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Ive been hearing stuff on the news that "experts" are saying that this type of tower shouldnt be used in winds over 25mph........someones gonna pay...poor kid...jeez

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Those last 2 facebook status updates are creepy. I'll be sure to be mindful of what I say on stuff like this in the future.

12. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

A friend of mine died in an accident last month and when I looked at his facebook page, I noticed that the last thing he had posted (in reference to his XBox) was "red ring of death".

Death...the very last word he ever posted on there. Morbid.

13. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

stuff like that creeps me out...

sorry to hear about your friend

and the current story is just sad... but honestly, wouldn't you just come down? i mean i probably wouldn't go up there in the first place if the winds were gusting at that speed. in no way do i mean this to be disrespectful, but it's almost common sense isnt it?

14. liljojo

liljojo Member

I bet his the friend who posted that mirror comment feels horrible right about now. That really sucks.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

He's just a kid, probably feels lucky to have the gig he has... not like he's going to disobey orders/talk back to his boss at that age... he was just trying to do what he was told... but he never should've been put in that position in the first place.

16. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

Agree 100%. I probably would not have questioned orders at that age either. Terrible story...

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

sometimes, you have to take your own life into your own hands. if he thought it was dangerous, then he should not have gone up there regardless of what the coach or anyone else said. those are serious wind conditions. no way in hell i would have gone up there. it seemed like he was tweeting like it was sort of a joke....but the situation was extremely serious and grave in nature. he must not have completely realized how dumb and serious it was to be up there. once he realized how terrifying it was, he should have come down and told whomever "you go up there and do it". i mean...videotaping practice is not supposed to be a terrifying experience.

his parents should sue the hell out of those responsible. just unbelievable he was allowed up there in those conditions.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Eh, college kids already think they are indestructible. I know I sure did when I was his age.

What a horrible story. 20-years old with the rest of your life ahead of you....and this happens.

19. Nero

Nero Member

What the *&%*^*& are they trying to videotape in 60-mph winds anyway???

This is not going to be a small thing, this is going to be HUGE.

This will DESTROY ND football, and will cause lasting (and justified) impact on all college athletics.

As a parent... oh my God. If that was my child, I would do everything in my power to make sure that university NEVER stops feeling the pain.

20. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

While I understand your emotion, I seriously doubt that anything will happen to the actual ND football program (the boss of the camera crew, on the other hand...)

This is very similar to the bonfire incident. It was being built purely in response to a football game, but no one blamed the football program when it collapsed. I think the ND camera crew will feel the heat, but not the actual football program.