1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Notre Dame @ Michigan State

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Jackfruit, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Jackfruit

Jackfruit Contributing Member

Looks like another loss in the making for the Golden Domes:

ND 7
    MSU 24

2. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

WOOOO lets go Mich St.

3. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

If Notre Dame keeps this garbage up, they'll have a Tennessee-esque collapse. Probably not nearly as bad, but its looking pretty bad for them.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I was going to post a thread about this too. Did anybody on this board really think ND was a national title contender?

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Smoke and mirrors boys. Smoke and mirrors.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The interception return REALLY killed Notre Dame. Which is good. MSU had lost their momentum and were ready to be taken.

ND's defense is way too sorry for them to be a title contender. They don't have Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush and Lendale White to overcome such a sorry unit.

Before the season started, my son asked me who would win the Heisman and I told him Brady Quinn. Ever since he laid the egg against Ga Tech my son constantly calls him the "Faker". It cracks me up.

7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i swear football coaches are some of the dumbest people on the planet.

msu at the end of the half has 30 seconds and 3 timeouts and ND is about to punt. so for some reason, they blow one of their timeouts after ND throws an incomplete pass on 3rd down. then they get the ball back with 25 seconds left in the half at the 40 yard line, they have 2 timeouts and instead of using one to keep the clock from running because of the new rule, they just send the offense out well after the clock has started. so you figure they must just be letting the clock run. but no, they actually run a real play, as if they planned on scoring, even though they snapped it with only 13 seconds left. and the play was a ****ing 5 yard slant. and they fumbled and damn near gave ND the ball at midfield but luckily recovered.

explain even one of those decisions to me? timeout when the clock is stopped. no timeout when the clock is running. actually trying to score but not at all concerned that the clock is running. throwing a 5 yard slant at the 40 with 13 seconds left? was there any plan at all there? any? i mean if you want to just kneel and go in, fine. but don't look like an idiot letting the clock run, running stupid plays, having no concept of when to call a timeout. makes me so mad to watch most coaches try and actually use their brains to manage a situation that requires any sort of quick thinking. anything past run, run, pass, punt and most coaches get confused.

8. supafrumpy

supafrumpy Contributing Member

wow, are you guys in houston actually getting this game instead of zona and USC?

I'm in detroit so of course I'm getting MSU

9. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I'm sure they put one of the games on ESPN and one on ABC.

10. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

Crap, MSU choking up. 31-21 ND to get the ball

11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

ND is overrated. They way they're playing they'll be lucky to stay in the top 25 by the end of the season.

12. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

ND so overrated

13. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

Are you KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

just run the damn ball msu, oh well

15. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

what a comeback by the Irish!!! :D

16. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

It wasn't a great comeback by the Irish, just a complete chokejob by the Spartans. Worst coaching job...bad clock management...downing a kickoff return on the 10...disgusting

17. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Michigan State always pulls this kind of crap. Every year, they lose some game they have no business of losing. I feel so bad for the guys watching on the stands in the heavy rain. There's something seriously wrong in the MSU program.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What a royal choke job! Drew Stanton must be on the ND payroll somehow. MSU would have won the game but he gave the ball away 3 times in the last 5 minutes. Unbelieveable.

19. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Yes. They just won this game too. They had a bad day against a good michigan team but yes I think they are a national title contender.

No mater what, every single year the cool thing to say is that Notre Dame is overrated. This year isn't any different. Hell they had USC beat last year until that miracle. Notre Dame is a good team.

20. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

#20 for Notre Dame made two spectacular plays on those two final picks. The one handed interception for a touchdown was sweet.