1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

not ur ordinary white boy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RickRock713, Feb 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RickRock713

RickRock713 Member

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ordinary White boy?

What a racist statement.

3. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

White?

4. droxford

droxford Member

I didn't know Johnny Depp was making rap music now.

I though he did a great job in Pirates of the Caribbean.

5. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

That hurt to read.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

He's teamed up with Joaquin Phoenix to form Double J's Mix Master Electric Bugaloo. A lesser know group, but they're up and comers.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

not hating on what your doing because i guess it sounds about as good as most stuff on the radio. but mainstream hiphop for the most part is so boring these days. just doesnt do it for me

8. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I wouldn't be offended if somebody said...ok, nevermind i might.

Question: Are phrases like that just one of those 'we can say it, but you can't' type of things? I've had friends say stuff like that about themselves. I mean, the term 'white boy' has kinda become the antithesis of everything hip hop.

9. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I was just ****ing around. I mean of course you'd probably be offended if I said something like "he ain't no ordinary black person"

The differences between the phrase "white boy" and "black boy" are certainly not to be taken lightly, for the connotations of a white person calling a black person "boy" dates back to the times of slavery and black oppression and we should move beyond that.

The term "white boy" is particularly harmless I would think. Usually a white guy hanging out in a group of predominantly ethnic people will be called "white boy" simply because he's singled out. It can possibly be a term of endearment or an insult. In this case I believe what RickRock was trying to say is that this white gentleman who goes by the name of "J Depp" is not a ordinary Caucasian male because he has delved into the art of hip-hop emceeing, which is certainly not something a lot of them attempt to do.

11. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

2getehr?????
    :confused:

You mean like...Hey baby, can we get 2getehr later?

or Al Greens "Lets stay 2getehr" or "2getehr, we can bring peace"

12. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I am kidding of course ;)

13. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Does he have skills like this guy? This guy is from Canada and raps hardcore! :cool:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DYnrGcQwXhM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DYnrGcQwXhM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I hope those skills include spelling and grammar.

This is a BBS. This is not a place for a text message to your illiterate buddies.

Still, I appreciate you not perverting the plural of skill to "skillz."

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Keep trying and you may get as good as Cockroach and Theo. Maybe you just need another angle... like, Shakespeare or something :

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/38TTU8pPI7s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/38TTU8pPI7s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

17. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

wow perfect

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

lol...I know the difference. It's really about the context in which something is said or the perceived intent to me, no words offend me, people do.
    That was some wack ish to say, you up in his thread. You need to move around. What he be doin' to you? You don't be knowin' his peoples like that.

20. DUCK2324

DUCK2324 Contributing Member

Is your fried also a bar tender in Clear Lake at Road house?