1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not trading Gordon is one of our biggest failures this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayhow92, Mar 23, 2022.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I don't what they think of him now, but yeah, he had a checkered past.

I was mostly referring to things not going the Rockets way.... they didn't even finalize giving away Gordon for basically a salary dump.

BMoney and Mr Woods like this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Gordon to Suns
    Crowder to Bucks
    Allen, Payne to Rockets

Works in the trade machine. Not a terribly interesting deal for us and it doesn't really open up any time. Other than doing Gordon a solid there's not much benefit, they get a lesser contract price next season though.

They're going to have to do something. I'll be happy if doing right by Gordon doesn't get torpedoed by trying to include Martin and getting fleeced.

3. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Rarely I agree with a thread title 100%.

4. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We might not get a 1st round pick for him but we can get a young player hopefully.

King1 likes this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don’t think we are getting Jack squat for EG this year. Not trading him last year even for a late 1st was utterly stupid.

BMoney, ilias, slothy420 and 10 others like this.
  6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

100% agree with this.

dobro1229 likes this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I believe someone will want that non guaranteed contract for next season....
    maybe not to shed money for this weak free agent class; but to sign
    one of their own an extension.

Believe It! likes this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if @ch44 will grace us with is presence and if he knows anything.

9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

While Rockets guard Eric Gordon has been a consummate professional, locker room mentor to Jalen Green and Kevin Porter Jr., and contributor for the Rockets, some around the league with close ties to Gordon believe he’d prefer to play for a contender.

Gordon has been linked to several playoff contenders, including the Suns and 76ers. With Houston towards the cellar of the league, more playoff-caliber teams are expected to circle the wagon on Gordon.

As noted on our HoopsHype Rockets salaries page, Gordon’s contract for the 2023-24 season is not fully guaranteed. It becomes guaranteed if not waived by June 28, 2023, if he makes the All-Star Game before the 2023-24 season, or if his team wins the NBA title and he has played at least 500 minutes in the regular season or 750 minutes between regular season and playoffs during that championship run.

Deckard likes this.
  11. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Warriors fans said last night after the game he would be the perfect piece to add to their bench and then They felt they would be contenders againo_O

they were also infested in KJ. Would y’all do Wiseman for Gorodn ?

12. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I'd do unwise boy for Gordon.

peleincubus likes this.
  13. RocketsDraftTV

why would we wanna help the warriors

didnt they say their organization was "lightyears ahead of everyone else"

14. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I’d take a flier on Wiseman, sure.

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He's pretty busy. Wouldn't count on it

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Still wating lol. I'm going to turn the tables once I get bored during the Monday game. You really aren't going to like this

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don’t see it as a “failure” that we haven’t traded Gordon. Other teams clearly haven’t offered us anything that the Rockets value. At this point Stone is playing the long game and hoping a team will suddenly have a need and make us a good offer. Gordon is taking some minutes away from players like Christopher and Mathews, so I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. It could be that the Rockets value Gordon’s leadership on a team with so many young players.

In the end I don’t think trading or not trading Gordon makes much difference. He’s here for now, we will trade him if we get a decent offer.

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it isn't a failure, just think Stone knows he would have more chance of doing it closer to the deadline than in the pre-season. Also teams get more desperate and may give up a better deal if they think they can improve their team towards a title run.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/3921271/2022/11/22/nba-players-trade-free-agency/

Eric Gordon, SG, Rockets

Eric Gordon trade rumors are another one in the “scheduled tweet” category, but seriously … get this guy out of Houston. It’s borderline hilarious that the Rockets were using him as a defensive stopper against alpha wings while Jae’Sean Tate was out, but that says everything about his mismatch on this roster — a tough, veteran shooter on a young, wild team indiscriminately flinging the ball all over the gym and occasionally running back on defense.

Gordon turns 34 next month and has better things to do than this. He remains a productive player who could help a contending team, and his contract isn’t guaranteed beyond this season unless his team wins the championship. His $19.6 million cap number isn’t the easiest to work into a trade. But one hopes this is the year he finally lands someplace where his contributions will matter.

[​IMG]

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No. Apart from not wanting to help the Warriors, we need a decent PG, not another young big man needing to be developed.