1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not sure if this is the right spot for this

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by wolvdog316, Jul 21, 2013.

1. wolvdog316

wolvdog316 Member

I'm not even sure this is even allowed, so if it isn't I apologize and please remove it. My name is John Nicholas Shaffer, I am 30 years and I live off of 290 and Hollister. Never in a million years would I be expecting to ask strangers for help, as I am very prideful and sometimes...stubborn man. However, this issue is far greater than my pride.

My nephew, Seth Torres age 3, has Stage 4 High Risk Nueroblastoma Cancer. He has 5 tumors total. They just found 3 more yesterday. One behind the eye, one on his left shoulder, one on Adrenal Gland, two on Spine. He started his chemo from Texas Childrens Hospital 5 days ago. He is in for a LONG hard battle. Luckily he has medicaid, however, as you probably already know, there are some medicines (couple of his nausea)parking, gas they they can't pay, and rightfully so. So I'm asking for your help. We are having a benefit August 3rd, Westwind Bar 5pm. We will have raffles, tshirts for sell, BBQ. I have a gofundme page also set up. We just need exposure. The more people there buying plates of food, the easier it will be on my sister, who can't work during this, and my nephew. We have been blessed we have had so many people help us already, from catering to the bar, to friends and family.

I'm not a stupid man, I know we all got problems, we all have bills, so I certainly am not looking for just money. If you think you could donate your time, and volunteer for the event August 3rd, that would be great, get in touch with one of us on the flyer. If you own a business and want to donate something, I will make sure you get advertising for it. If you want to send just prayers, we will gladly take those as well.

More than anything, I just need exposure, I need people to pass the word along. So far we have donations from Conns, Starbucks, Sports Clips have donated 400 free hair cuts to sell, so that was a blessing. I'll have buttons as well as wristbands, and tshirts for sell at the benefit. The flyer I'm putting on here has the contact info of who to contact, but you can also contact myself. Chelsea is my sister, his mother, and Angela is her friend helping out with it.

http://www.gofundme.com/3n3pqs

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/wolvdog316/media/seth.jpg.html

Hope I did it right.

I have a friend inside The Toyota Center who I'm hoping might be able to help me.

If you think this is a scam, that's certainly your right to think that. If you do, however, I ask that you make a donation to the Texas Childrens Hospital, Cancer floor. Their staff has been amazing during all this, and they supply cookies, crackers, food, drinks from donations. If you want to do something and don't want to talk about it on here, please, don't hesitate to call me 832-302-4652. Also, we will be having a meeting Thursday, 7pm at the Club on the flyer, to discuss prep for the Benefit.

Again, if this isn't allowed, I certainly can understand, and please delete it, Clutch

Thank you, and have a great day.

1 person likes this.
  2. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Embedded your image.

[​IMG]

3. wolvdog316

wolvdog316 Member

Thank you very much

4. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

do you have a facebook page? If not, i will just share the image on facebook.

5. wolvdog316

wolvdog316 Member

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

So sorry to hear about that man, my uncle currently has that and it is such a wicked form of cancer. I will do the best I can monetarily and keep him in my prayers, best of luck.

7. wolvdog316

wolvdog316 Member

Yeah, we didn't catch a single break along the way with Seth's cancer. It's Stage 4, forgot to mention its in his bone marrow, and his tumors are clones, not different, which apparently makes them extremely resistant to chemo. Well, I shouldn't say no breaks. We are blessed to live here in Houston, and have such a wonderful team full of doctors helping with this.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

sent you an email.

9. wolvdog316

wolvdog316 Member

Thank you very much moestavern19, It looked wonderful on your page :)

10. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Make this a thing on Facebook. I'll like and share it (in addition to doing what else I can), and I'm sure others will as well.

11. jbasket

jbasket Member

Bumping this thread.

Unfortunately, out of Texas, and out of money after having my wallet picked. Hopefully I can help by keeping the thread going.

12. jbasket

jbasket Member

Yes. Great idea.

13. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

You should tweet this to some of the local Houston celebs .. If you could get someone like JJ Watt to retweet a link to the page it could bring a tremendous amount of exposure .

1 person likes this.
  14. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Yeah create a page on Facebook and provide the link, I will gladly share it and also send it to my corporate offices (HEB) I run one of their stores and they are a very charitable organization so I will definitely see what I can do.

They paid for my spinal fusion before I was even working for them.

15. jbasket

jbasket Member

Repost for great idea.

16. Garner

Garner Member

Send it to Dwight

17. wolvdog316

wolvdog316 Member

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Putting this back on the top of the hangout.

My heart goes out to you guys...

19. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

If the hospital is more than 50 miles away, you can also look into applying to Ronald McDonald house for lodging. I've volunteered to make meals there (although not in Houston) a few times and it's worth looking into if you qualify.

20. SK34

SK34 Member

Also, you'll have to tweet them everyday. These stars get more than 100 mentions on their interaction so most of the time they miss it.