1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not happy with LED TV

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Pen15clubber, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, yeah, I loved my Mitsubishi DLP. Mine eventually had some type of board failure. I was seriously considering repairing it since it was probably just bad caps and I could have done that... For a few dollars and time.. But I ran into some nice TV deal). If yours is one of their last couple of models made just keep it going until the gf says otherwise :) especially since you replaced the bulb, it's also nice since the bulbs don't cost as much now... And 73" is great!

Anyway, I hope you figured out the new set, avs/rtings sites are great resources (as mentioned). On a side note I still have one plasma left, everything else here is LED. I think once you get the settings going or turn off some of the features some sets have (I question if they're really features...) it should look really nice. I've been pretty happy with my last few sets.

3. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

Tell us, what else do you have weighing 1,000 pounds that goes strong in your bedroom?

I'll show myself out now.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Same. So vibrant. Those Pioneer plasma's are still $3,500+ if you can find them. Or was it Panasonic? Whichever brand did Kuro.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

My penis and my gf

6. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Try this for some additional backlighting. It seems to help for us...

Backlighting

It took getting used to at first but now is essential.

There are tons of opitons and colors.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I still have a plasma tv also. I'm waiting for the 100" LED's to be $200 lol

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Getting a projector also is handy when you have to move. Nothing sucks more than having to a move a big ass TV. carrying a 5-10 lb projector though? Easy.

10. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

[​IMG]

11. Nero

Nero Member

Love love LOVE my Samsung 63" plasma screen. It's as perfect now as it was when I got it about 8 years ago.

12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Frys is having a clear out of their KS8000 and KS8500 series 4ktvs. Saw their 65" ks8500 (OPEN BOX OR DISPLAY UNIT) for like $1300 according to slickdeals. Gonna ask the wifey whats up and see if we cant go get this sucker.