1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not enough tequila to hurt anybody

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VooDooPope, Dec 1, 2008.

1. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

It all started with a friend making the statement, "Well I don't think you have enough tequila to hurt anybody."

After that a few calls when out to get a game of poker together. We ended up with 6 players, 2 half gallons of rum, a couple cases of beer, 1/2 of a fifth of Porfidio single barrel tequila, and a bottle of Z Tequila respazado. Numerous herbal jazz cigarettes were consumed during the evening and a couple wife's and girl girlfriends were also in attendance.

We started doing shots before we started playing poker and everyone also had their drink of choice, mine being captain and diet mixed 50/50. Poker started at 9pm and ended about 4 am. Three $20 tournaments were played and I was in the money in all three despite being completely trashed by the end of the second.

All of the Tequila was gone and almost everyone had left when we started shooting some pool, talking ****, etc. That's when things went south. Somehow I apparently made my wife upset and she went to bed. A good friend of mine, who has a habit of wanting to cut cards for money (he had already lost his wife to me on a previous occasion) got pissy and mouthed off, "well at least my wife isn't going to bed mad, so suck on that b****."

I ran downstairs to see if she was mad at me but she was already sleeping (or pretending to) so I ran back up stairs to finish the argument.

Now for a little back story... I had previously caught this friends wife kissing another mutual friend of ours at a party but never told anyone. She had also gotten drunk and made out with another friends wife to the point that that friends wife calls her "that girl whose pu$$y tastes like ****." Then another time at the beach she gets drunk and sleeps with the guy whose while she had fooled around with previously.

Up until this moment I had kept all of this to myself and while I contemplated telling my friend about his wife's exploits I figured he might know about them and that's just the way they rolled. I guess the "suck on that, b****" got to me so I let him have it.

So they are both standing there and he's standing there lining up a shot on the pool table and I give him the... "Well **** at least my wife isn't screwing guys at the beach when I'm not around, so tell me ****, when %%%%% blows a load on #####'s face does it go in the right eye or the left eye? Suck on that, b****!"

They both just stood there shocked. I walked downstairs and made another drink and they left right after that. I feel horrible and know I should have kept my mouth shut but being called out in my own house pissed me off. The 8-10 tequila shots and countless mixed drinks impaired my judgment and if they remember what was said then I've done damage to a friendship I've had for 20+ years.

I'm going with the I don't remember anything after 4 am excuse and this happened around 5 or so in the morning. I called and left a voicemail that said, "I know the evening ended on an nasty note but I don't remember what happened. I want to apologize for anything that may have been said or that happened."

So as you can see... we did have enough tequila to hurt somebody.

2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

zomgwaffles...there was a specific point in your story where things should have taken a left turn and ended in some kinky sexual adventures (wives and gf's included, obviously) good enough for Penthouse Letters...but you guys had to go and screw it up by dropping four-letter bombs on each other and starting a pissing match.

Back to work...I guess.

:D

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

crazy story man, but i don;t think you did anything wrong. No way in hell a man has to stand up to that in his own house. Plus, its better that your friend knows the truth about his wife. Maybe if it was one or two slip ups, it would be ok, but she friggen did some ridiculous stuff!

4. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I'd like to start a petition for a new series:

"Monday afternoon storytime with VooDooPope"

mlwoo fall in a faint.

Great story.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I second this.

I also demote Fatty to "Contributing author"

6. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

You did the right thing.

Went about the wrong way (the funny way), but the right thing nonetheless.

7. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Any time someone would tell my wife "suck on that b****" one of three things is going to happen.

1. They are going to the hospital.
    2. I'm going to the hospital trying to make sure #1 happens.
    3. All of the above.

8. Christopher

Christopher Member

VooDooPope, champ, you needed to pull you head in.

I mean, you are all drunk and in that type of situation of you and your mates are not all trying to verbally destroy each other, something is wrong anyway.

He had a friendly go at you and you took it too far.

But then again, you were snotted too, so don't worry to much about it.

9. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

lol that's funny. Would have been funnier if each man was given a weapon

10. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

I need you to deliver a message to your wife for me. Tell her, "Suck on that, b****." Don't worry, she'll know what it means.

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

WHOA. Somehow, I have to hurry home right now. :eek:

Very interesting story, sir. I have NEVER gotten in a "judgment impaired by Tequila" argument, so I won't know how to react, but you probably messed that friendship up. :) If your friend doesn't make a big deal out of it, I guess just go up to him and say: "Shiiiieeeeeeeettt... we were drunk that time, huh?!?!?" ;)
    Whew. Good thing all I do is try to correct people. ;)

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Maybe you can still get a cheapie from his wife...

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think the friend told VooDooPope to "suck on it b****"

VDP, being in his intoxicated state realized he had been served on his own home turf, and could not stand for that.

So he pulled out the ultimate trump card and totally owned those people.

Anyway, sounds like a lot of stuff going on in this story, chicks making out and such.

Sounds hot.

14. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

I'm pretty sure he was directing that at his friend, who had shot him that one earlier in the story.

15. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Maybe you just got tired of keeping his wife's exploits a secret...

Why should your friendship be damaged if it's wife's fault for doing those things? He should be mad at her, not you.

16. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

<strike>Whoa, you posted it.

Waits for fallout, knowing all involved. Holy Royal Flush, Batman!

I was gonna say I want credit in the liner notes when it gets published for suggesting this fiasco make it to Clutchfans, but knowing the whole sordid tale and seeing it in print, I'm quite sure I want absolutely no credit whatsoever. Besides, I suggested he post it to the "regrets" thread. Makes my drunken badgering of Robert Horry look very very tame. Upon re-inspection, it obviously deserved its own thread.

Did. Not. Contribute. Luckily was out of town for this round of VoodooPope Poker and Tequila. *Gets his helmet out and seeks shelter* </strike>

I am not affiliated with this. I am crazydave, and I did not approve this message.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice work man, You were right to call him out......
    I understand

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah,

I think you took it to a whole nuther level...he was just razzing you about your wife going to bed mad.

You probably just turned his world upside down.

Not only that, now that he found out, he is not going to trust you any longer as a friend because you didn't tell him before, which a true friend would have...but oh well, at least you were in the money.

DD

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

What you did is so far worse than what your friend said to start it. I'd be more concerned with your friend's relationship with his wife than with you. You were just a messenger, so I can see that relationship getting patched up. For the marriage though, you probably can't get the toothpaste back in the tube. Not that you're the one who committed the infidelity in the first place.

Of course, it could be argued that you should have told your friend what his wife was doing when she did it.

20. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I read it wrong, you are right. In that case I wouldn't have been nearly as pissed.

Franchise3,

[​IMG]