1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Not again) New Rockets Jersey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Not digging our current font. But that is a clean design indeed. Can you make a modern-throwback design to? Just so we have options then we can vote on it. Thanks and keep up the good work!

2. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

Sick designs. I love them!
    Morey or Les should make these official.

Dwight/Deron would so love these uniforms ;)

3. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

You can just use our original rockets lettering from the early 90s and incorprate the mustard color where it would still be clean and not look like mcdonalds jerseys.

4. ILoveTheRockets

word, would like to see what the original rockets colors look like with the design.

5. dream2franchise

Combination of some initial photography, then Illustrator for paneling and numbers/letters and Photoshop for patterns/fills/shadows. I won't be allowing any zooming in that's for sure!

6. okguy456

okguy456 Contributing Member

yes do this! that would be sweeeeet

7. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Wow!!! I love those uniforms.

8. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Why does the Rockets brass wait so long before deciding to wear new uniforms? Someone should tell Rockets official about this. I hope next year!

9. noppeper

noppeper Member

They should not wait till next year. Just acknowledge the current uniforms are terrible, get these from the sweatshop and have the players wear them for the next game.

I bet it will help end the current skid. You know everybody feels better when they look good. These would make Chris Kaman play like Dwight Howard.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I normally hate these threads but those are pretty damned good. Repped. 5 stars.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Really nice! are the sneaker designs yours too? I like the home White Sneakers and the Away sneakers looks like Tmac's old adidas.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Those suck except that they're awesome. It's a great smooth transition out of the current ones. Next comes a symbol change!

13. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

the first one is amazing. I would love for those to be the real ones. I'm not really liking the gradient in the text for the second one though.

Would love to see a black/white or black/red design.

14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Definitely better than what we have now, but I am of the opinion that red on gray and gray on red never looks good. I'd prefer to see plain old red on white, white on red, or maybe throw in some yellow or solid black.

15. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Man that is really impressive. If you were making those I would buy one right now at this very moment. Great job and keep it up.

16. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I'd buy this if it came in red and yellow!

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think they look great. A few minor suggestions:

1) I'm not sure the cut of the sleeve will look well on most players because it's not meant to be a baggy look. Keep in mind players like baggy shorts above all else, so they'll end up sporting it like this:

[​IMG]

Personally, not a fan of that look.

2) Can you get something closer to the championship font on the jerseys?

3) The back of the shorts seems plain. However, i'm not sure what to add to it, without messing the theme, so it's a moot point.

You should create a facebook page dedicated to this design to try and raise awareness around Houston. We'll go Kony2012 on'em and try to make it happen. How? By making the design famous :grin:

19. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

This is the best and realest attempt so far, please Clutch or whoever can get to some1 in the Rockets organisation to take a look at them.

20. Road Rash

Road Rash Member

I absolutely LOVE these!!!

I really hope the front office takes a look at these and we get something like these ASAP. I also do believe that players play better when they look good. When you look good, you feel good.

Amazing job :eek: